Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

maya tooltops not shown!!

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
l2eza.d
16174 Views, 11 Replies

maya tooltops not shown!!

hi, i have problem with Maya "tooltips" ,
few days ago , i change my windows (7 64bit) and then install maya 2015 sp3 . and it works properly except tooltips.
it doesn't show tooltips any more and show only a empty black box instead of tooltips .
i check enable tooltips in help preferences but it didnt helped. i reinstall maya but nothing changed , i check maya 2014 trial too  but it has this problem too , earlier when i install maya from same installer , tooltips just work perfectly , i dont know why this happens ,

my system is an asus n56vz corei7 with nvidia gt650m , i thought maybe this helps

thank you.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
l2eza.d
in reply to: l2eza.d

Can someone help me please ? tooltips are very important for me ,
Message 3 of 12
wreliford

I am not sure what is really going on there. But it is always a good idea to delete your preferences. Sometimes stuff get confused there.
Message 4 of 12
l2eza.d
in reply to: wreliford

i delete the preferences too , but it didn't help me,
Message 5 of 12
turtletoo

I am experiencing the same, Maya 2016. I was hoping it was an option switch problem some where.

Maya 2015 ECS, i7 24 GB, Windows 7, Nvida GTX690
Message 6 of 12
Catutz
in reply to: turtletoo

Happened to me a fiew moments ago too, on 2016. Go to Window -> Settings/Preferences -> Preferences - Help, and make sure Display Toolclips is on.

Message 7 of 12
turtletoo
in reply to: Catutz

Thanks, that's it!
Maya 2015 ECS, i7 24 GB, Windows 7, Nvida GTX690
Message 8 of 12
agisslayer

Thaks a lot

Message 9 of 12
cosmos1962

Thank you very much!

Message 10 of 12
kjhwany4

great, thank you Catutz
Message 11 of 12
nguyenuyen19

Thank you very much!

Message 12 of 12
tom_melson

That's great but I still have an issue. I think most of my artists will want tool-tips turned off (the default) as otherwise every Maya widget you hover over brings it up.

When it's off the Maya tool-tips are instead shown in the bottom left help bar, which is great. However when I add tool-tips to my custom widgets and tools, they are not shown down here.

Can anyone help ensure they are?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report