Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya messed up videocard interface on macbook pro

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
699 Views, 7 Replies

Maya messed up videocard interface on macbook pro

Hello,

I am experiencing a very annoying issue. Maya seems to mess up my user interface on my macbook pro. In fact, all swipes etc are stuttering, I can even see the frames redrawn. All very choppy. Normal situation is that the whole interface is clean and very snappy. 

This really comes from Maya. Whenever I start the program, switch some viewports the problem is gone temporaly. This needs to be fixed. 

Does anyone seen this before and also has a solution?  (a pernament solution?)

Regards! Tom

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
santd
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for posting to The Area Forums.

Is this issue only occurring when you have Maya Launched or the this issue occur even when Maya is closed aswell?

If this is only occurring when Maya is open then it is possible that your machine doesn't meet the minimum system requirements. Take a look at the minimum system requirements and the Qualified Graphics Card charts to see if your card is in the list.

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/syscert?siteID=123112&id=18844534&results=1&stype=graphic&produ...

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: santd

Hello David!

This issue comes whenever Maya is running. Maya itself runs fine and smooth. Sometimes I also need to force Maya to close, because the program hangs on quiting. Then this issue persists. The only way to resolve it is to restart Maya and switch a few times with viewport settings and then close Maya. It 'feels' like Maya doesn't free the videocard (or something else from the videocard) for the rest of the OS. 

I have a macbook pro early 2013. 2.8 ghz intercore i7, NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1024 MB, 16 GB RAM. 

Regards! Tom

Message 4 of 8
santd

Hello,

I appreciate the update. I have tested this on my end and I have not been able to replicate the issue on our mac machines. I took a look at your Graphics Card in the certified charts and saw it was not listed for Maya 2015. The GT 750M is listed, but had issues with Viewport 2.0. It's possible that viewport 2.0 is cuasing this issue. Try switching to the legacy viewport render in the "Renderer" menu of the GUI. Also if you haven't done so already, download and install the latest service pack. You can do this from the following link:

http://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/maya/downloads#?sort=score

Hope that is helpful.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Hi David!

I installed SP 3 but the issue didn't go away. I hope you have more suggestions? I like this to be fixed, because it sounds like the legacy viewport one day will be gone. 

Regards! Tom

Message 6 of 8
timkrakowiak

This problem also happened to me on my 2013 new Mac Pro. I actually thought the machine was faulty so sent it back for a replacement. Turns out maya causes the issue. To fix it all I have to do is open and close maya and the problem goes away. I have AMD firepro D700s which are certified so not sure what causes the issue. 

Message 7 of 8
santd
in reply to: timkrakowiak

Hello,

I was able to find a logged change request with our development team in our internal data base for this particular issue. It seems there are a couple of workarounds besides the one you have mentioned:

Run quartz debugger by engaging Autoflush drawing, moving a window to force the refresh to occur, then turning auto flush drawing off. This seems to fix it. 

Additionally, switching Beam Sync from Automatic, to Disable, to Automatic again may fix as well.

Our development team will be working on a resolution for this issue. Unfortunately no ETA is available for when it will be fixed.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

Hi!

Sorry, could you explain step by step how to to that? I have no idea what al that means.. 😮

Regards! Tom

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report