Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya help in general to begin

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
221 Views, 3 Replies

Maya help in general to begin

I am new to this.I would like it someone can give me any pointers and explain some basic things.I know how to turn the main screen,rotate,change size,and delete.I feel like there is more basic things I should know and I have been trying to look.I would also like to know whats the best way to get started,meaning how to just finally put my foot in the waters.I have been trying at first but I was I might get stressed over not being able to understand it since I'm only just beginning.Anything and everything helps and I'm grateful to everyone who helps.Thank you very much, 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
damaggio
in reply to: Anonymous

This is a very broad request Jon, have you tried a digital tutors subscription or just the YouTube videos and Autodesk learning Chanel, that's a good way to start, be patient and practice , that's how most people start, come back when you have a specific question.

best regards.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous

This is certainly a very broad request, but I believe that the most important things to learn first are the basic navigation controls. Holding down Alt and using the Left, Middle, and Right mouse buttons will allow you to rotate, move, and zoom in and out of a scene, respectively. I would definitely get myself at least somewhat comfortable with these before beginning to actually model anything.

Message 4 of 4
Anonymous

A very useful (and easy to use) tool under the "Mesh tools" tab is the tool "insert edge loop". Go into the edge manipulation mode by holding right click and dragging. and with the Insert edge tool active, click on an edge. Extrude by selecting a face and using ctrl e to extrude, then the w key to go back into the move function thing.
With this alone you can create quite a lot of things.
That's how i started using Maya so i hope this helps ^-^

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report