Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya for Smart Phones ?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
FalconCrest
633 Views, 4 Replies

Maya for Smart Phones ?

I'd love to see an extreme light version of Maya for smart phones, when I'm not near a computer, I can do simple tasks such as UV or tweak a model on my smart phone !

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
tony.su
in reply to: FalconCrest

Good suggestion!!!

Mabye in the future you can upload your scene to the cloud, edit it on your phone on the subway or bus. Your boss will like it.

Upload your scene to the cloud and show it to your customer is good idea.

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 3 of 5
FalconCrest
in reply to: tony.su

Exactly what I meant. It would be beneficial. 🙂
Message 4 of 5
dgorsman
in reply to: FalconCrest

Are you certain?  With the ability to work on a project from anywhere, there can be the expectation for people to do that.  Maya-flavored crackberry, anyone? 😄

More seriously there would be security concerns of accessing company proprietary IP content on a non-company device in a non-company network.  If that would be addressed up-front it would go a long way towards corporate adoption.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Message 5 of 5
FalconCrest
in reply to: dgorsman

A secure server could be used in place in a non-company network. It would have to be a lite version of Maya, only modeling and texture mapping being it's main objection, for everything else a workstation cannot be replaced.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report