Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016 - xGen to Primitive?

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
CGXel
497 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2016 - xGen to Primitive?

I'm new to hair systems so I've got this question, is there a way to make my xGen hair a permanent primitive / object / model (however you wanna call it) so I don't have to rely on xGen preview anymore?, basically convert my xGen hair to a separated object.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
CGXel
in reply to: CGXel

Bump

Message 3 of 5
CGXel

Lol nobody knows?, I still need help

Message 4 of 5
pshwayka

You can convert your XGen hair to nHair. Note: This method assumes you are done with xGen and don't need it anymore. 

1. On the Preview/Output tab of your xGen description, under Output Settings, you can change the operation to Create Guides. Leave Replace Existing Guides and Apply Modifiers checked, and click Create Guides.
  2. On the Utilities tab, select Dynamic Guides and click Create Hair System.
  3. You can now go into the outliner and delete the XGen collection. While you're there, select the xgGroom group and with your FX menu active, click nHair->Add Paint Effects Output to Hair.
  4. Select the pfxHair1 item, and on the HairSystemShape1 tab, make desired adjustments (i.e., hairs per clump, clump width, shading, etc.)

Hopefully this is the kind of solution you had in mind...

Message 5 of 5
CGXel
in reply to: pshwayka

That's what I wanted 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report