Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016 SP6 Duplicating Mesh Problem

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
Anonymous
1446 Views, 8 Replies

Maya 2016 SP6 Duplicating Mesh Problem

Hello. I'm having problems with Maya 2016 Service Pack 6. When i select a mesh, and press Ctrl + D to duplicate, it duplicates with a smooth applied. It turns out that i have a 50% chance of duplicating my Mesh without this smooth applied. Sometimes it comes with a smooth, sometimes it doesnt. This is anoying me because i have to delete the mesh i just duplicated and try again to see if this time its going to work.

And no, i'm not duplicating my mesh with '3' pressed on... i dont know whats happening...

8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Ok guys, so i think i managed to solve the problem. I just installed Service Pack 1 for Maya 2016, and it seens that everything has been fixed so far. Even when i deleted all history of all objects, some of then got smoothed for no reason, and even deleted! So downloading SP1 so far it seens to solve my problem..

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous

Sorry for double posting here, but i though the problem was gone... Nope.. I installed all of the services packs, and in the beggining everything works fine. After a few moments working on my scene, the problem appears again (Ctrl + D is smoothing my object, deleting history is smoothing my objects aswell). Does someone knows whats happening here? I think i'm going back to Maya 2015... 

Message 4 of 9
damaggio

Eman what happens when you do shift D?
Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
in reply to: damaggio

Well, i tried it right now, and the effect is the same as Ctrl D. Sometimes it duplicates properly, but sometimes it duplicates with smooth applied. It's really weird as i said, its like i have 50% of chance to get things right, and 50% of chance to have a messed up version of my mesh.

Another weird thing is when i delete History of my object. Suddenly the smooth is applied to my object...I installed all service packs trying to solve this problem, but... the only thing it fixed for me was constants crashs, wich i do not have this problem anymore.. But still...
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous

Hi, I'm getting the same issue. Were you able to find a fix? The only workaround I have is to export my model into a new scene.

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous

I am having the same issue.  I have a number of objects in a scene, and many of them are organized in groups.  When I select a group and try to duplicate it some of the meshes are becoming smoothed, changed color, and sometimes translated.  One mesh smoothed and appeared far from its original position and when I try to select it, I cant.  I switched to faces and I was able to select faces but they were invisible and far away even from the smoothed mesh.(one more time in case its confusing- I select an OBJ and duplicate it, a smoothed mesh appears far from the original location, and another invisible mesh is selectable at a different location from the other two).  

Once I have the smoothed mesh I select it and press 1 but it does not change.   There also seems to have something to do with deleting history?  I am not sure if that is true but it seems to happen around the time I delete history.  

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous

Hello everyone. Its been a long time since my last post here, but i did managed to solve this. The only way i fixed this problem, was formating my computer. I deleted everything from the HD, and installed Windows 7 Professional again, and instaled Maya 2016 with Service Pack 6 again, and so far i havent seen the problem happening. Actually, a really few times it buged again, with this smooth problem, but i just saved the file, and loaded it again, and the problem was gone. 

I dont know why maya 2016 have this issue, but hey, try doing what i did, and see if it works.

Message 9 of 9
Anonymous

I believe they fixed this issue with newer updates. I've been running 2016 extension 2 and haven't encountered this issue in a while. I don't agree with reformatting an entire hard drive to fix a software bug, but it's good to know that it helped. I'm assuming there are some files left over after an uninstall which prevent it from fixing itself on a new install. I know some of my custom settings are stored in My Documents and are not deleted when uninstalling. If anyone is still encountering this, consider updating to extension 2 or 2017 if you're still on 2016.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report