Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 Student Version suddenly not responding

1 REPLY 1
SOLVED
Message 1 of 2
Anonymous
581 Views, 1 Reply

Maya 2014 Student Version suddenly not responding

So I had this giant project yesterday with atleast dozen meshes already rendered, and I saved the file with the rendered image (It took 8:36min to render), still open. Now today I tried to open this file again, and it did, but any of the meshes didn't show up. I tried again with front view on, this seemed to crash maya for some reason (I did set the project each time I started working with it). Now I can't restart Maya anymore... I't just doesn't seem to load at all, just 2second and BOOM in my face! I see the Output Window and Maya, but they remain inactive and task manager claims it is not responding anymore. My pc matches the minimum requirements on all other aspects, but for now I only have 3GB's of RAM. Ty for all suggestions.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

So, I got some type of "solution" for my problem, though not a professional one. My pc was in a REALLY bad shape, i had a total of 634 malwares (Even though I was protected by programs like comodo firewall, SUPERAntiSpyware, porting blah blah and many useful browser add ons, something went very wrong. So I made a file backup and reinstalled windows 64 bit. Might have been a driver error or possibly a memory overusage due to all that crap on my pc, but I also had problems with my network on maya licencing network which is now sorted. One more day a little laid to waste, gotta keep that backup on my chest pocket 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report