Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2011 not hiding on Mac OSX / Educational version Save window.

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
seb.james
192 Views, 2 Replies

Maya 2011 not hiding on Mac OSX / Educational version Save window.

Hey, I've come across a problem with the new Maya 2011, I'm using the student/educational version, and the problem I've found, is that when I try to hide the program using the dock, or via using the Maya - Hide menu, the program does not hide, unless you click hide again by right clicking on the Maya icon within the dock. Along with this issue, there is another probably related problem, whereby the Maya windows will go over the top of other windows that are in use (such as Firefox), when they should sit behind. (For example, if I click from Maya to Firefox, windows such as the Graph Editor & Outliner will still sit on top of Firefox.

Are there any cures for this issue?

Also, one other very, very annoying problem with the educational version is the fact the Educational version message appears EVERY single time you save, this wouldn't be so much much of a problem if the message didn't appear up to 5+ times when you save the once. I'm guessing this happens where I've got referenced scenes/objects and so on in one scene file. PLEASE sort out and get rid of this ridiculous and pointless window, there is no need for it to be there at all. I know I'm using the educational version, I don't need to be told every time I want to save.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
jhopkins
in reply to: seb.james

You've discovered one of many annoying issues with Maya 2011. Congratulations, you win a new car!! The best work-around that I have found for this is to option-click on the desktop and Maya will properly hide.
Message 3 of 3
pixonti
in reply to: seb.james

I received a message yesterday from Autodesk about this known bug. The bug is not limited to Maya's Main window. If you open any other window in Maya, like the script window, then minimize this to the dock, the window is not listed under Maya's dock icon (which is the default behavior for any application for OSX). Then when switching between applications, the minimized windows reappear above the switched application.

I was given a work-around which failed to change this behavior, but depending on what OSX version and Maya version you use, it might work. Apparently this is a change for the window behavior on Linux, I'm not sure if this has any affect on the OSX version.

you can try this work-around -> you can add the environment variable MAYA_SET_PARENT_HINT=1

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report