Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is my computer good enough to start with Maya?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
vid.kok
529 Views, 3 Replies

Is my computer good enough to start with Maya?

Hi!

I wonder if my computer is powerful enought to get trough Introduction to Maya 2014 tutorials from digital-tutors.

Specs:

CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K 3.40 GHz

RAM: 8,00 GB

GPU: AMD Radeon HD 7700

SSD: OCZ Vector 128 GB

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Fish-in-a-Hat
in reply to: vid.kok

Looks like it should run it just fine. Easiest way to find out is just download it and see if it works or not. 

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: vid.kok

Yea, I think you should be in pretty good shape.  I might add a bit more RAM...take that up to 16 gigs and I might cross-check that Radeon chipset with AD's compatability list, but otherwise you're probably better off than what I'm running (2nd gen i5, no ssd, XP64, etc).  With my system, it'll bog down a bit on MASSIVE projects like the one I'm working on now, but it still does ok.

I've actually ran Maya 2011 on my older Intel Q6600 system...did a decent job but wouldn't render large project because it only had 2 gigs of RAM.  I still use it on occasion though for batch renders of smaller projects (or smaller pieces of larger projects).

All and all I'd say you're probably good to go.

Message 4 of 4
dgorsman
in reply to: Anonymous

Along with the RAM, get a cheap terabyte-size platter drive for storing data, finished movies, test stills, and so on.  128 GB may sound like a lot but it gets eaten up *very* quickly.

----------------------------------
If you are going to fly by the seat of your pants, expect friction burns.
"I don't know" is the beginning of knowledge, not the end.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report