Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Insert edge loop, L mouse button for relative, M for absolute?

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
becoolmin
797 Views, 1 Reply

Insert edge loop, L mouse button for relative, M for absolute?

Hi there,

Is there any way to set shortcut to insert edge loop, one key with left mouse button for relative, right button for absolute?

For example, if I set N for insert edge loop, when I press N, maya turn on the insert edge loop tool.

I would like set left mouse button for relative edge loop that I can choose any where to insert edge loop.

And right mouse button for absolute that I can insert edge loop exactly in the middle.

Would it be possible?

1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
halfstone
in reply to: becoolmin

This is actually a function of the new multi-cut tool.  If you engage the tool and use <Ctrl> LMB, you will insert an edge loop in relative mode; <Ctrl>MMB for absolute (bisect the face).  <CTRL><SHIFT>MMB will allow you to snap the edge loop incrementally, based on the step size in the tool.  

You can assign a hotkey to the multi-cut tool; go to Window->Settings and Preferences->Hotkey Editor and find the tool command.  If your chosen hotkey combination is already assigned to something else you can over-write it.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report