Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Image Sequence Checkbox Freezing Maya

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
JJChalupnik
1114 Views, 4 Replies

Image Sequence Checkbox Freezing Maya

Hey everyone,

I'm working on a project where I need some image sequences to serve as live action reference for some animated character.  It helps me with timing to see how long I have before the character needs to reach the next action.  

Under a new scene I don't seem to have this problem at all, but in my current scene when I try to add an image plane to an existing camera it doesn't work. It actually freezes Maya and I have to force close through task manager.  Regular image plane stills don't seem to be a problem, just when I select image sequences.

It is important to know that it just started happening at some point in the file and I'm not sure why or when.  I had 3 image planes with sequences attached at one point to the same camera and It worked without a hitch, then it started crashing at one point when I selected the image plane node from the Hypershade.

I know it is kind of a shot in the dark but I figured I'd ask in case anyone has had a similar problem.  Again, it does seem to work just fine if you're doing it in a new scene.  Any thoughts on what could be causing it?  What to remove to fix it?  Etc...

The scene has also been optimized and all planes that were giving me trouble have been removed through the hypergraph.

I'm on a Windows 7 Mac Pro through bootcamp.  2x2.93 Quad Core with 32 GB of ram and a Quadro 4000.

Thanks!

--

"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations."
-Orson Welles

Portfolio | jjchalupnik.com
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
kcfxnetworks
in reply to: JJChalupnik

Was there ever a solution for this?

I am having a similar problem in maya 2015 with image sequence box checked for an animated texture sequence.

Image plane is OK in Maya 2015 SP5.

Works OK but slowly with a local sequence, Maya freezes with any sequence on the network.

Maya 2015 SP5

Windows7 Professional SP1

Message 3 of 5
JJChalupnik
in reply to: kcfxnetworks

I'm still having random issues that circulate around viewport 2.0, image planes, and sequences.  Like a crash when switching camera views. But I've found that if you use lower bandwidth files it usually fixes the issue or at least happens less.  I've been having more problems with image planes than anything else it seems.  Before batch rendering I'll typically delete all of them from my cameras just to be sure it doesn't hang overnight or something.  Which for some reason happens with mental ray.  (For the record it will work fine rendering in the scene, just hang on batch render.... sigh)

Anyway, I haven't had issues with using sequences over a network.  In fact I'm doing it for my current project. I basically rendered out medium/low quality jpgs at 1080p and set the file cache high enough for the shot.  Appears to work just fine so far, even over the network.  We do have fiber here though.  We are also on a mostly Mac ecosystem so I may not be as familiar with the bugs on Windows.  One thing I almost always forget is to change the file name structure.  

Maybe that will help you out?  You may already be doing this but you could try batch renaming your files(sequence) using Bridge or something similar so that it utilizes the name.#.ext format.  Maya likes it.  

Hope this helps!

Cheers and good luck!

--

"The enemy of art is the absence of limitations."
-Orson Welles

Portfolio | jjchalupnik.com
Message 4 of 5
kcfxnetworks
in reply to: JJChalupnik

Thanks for the info.  I am using the optimal naming scheme and trying everything.

We have some Macs here that don't have the same issue.  So it seems like a pretty specific Maya 2015 Windows bug.

I have our engineers looking into any networking issues, but the fact that heavy caches come in fine and a tiny jpg sequence tanks Maya leads me to believe the problem is not on our end.

Thanks again!

Here is a link to my other post for the interested:

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-general/image-sequence-texture-over-network-freezing-maya-2015/m-...

Message 5 of 5

hi there,

have you find that solution of imagine sequance in Maya LT so far?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report