Community
Maya Modeling
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya modeling topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help a very stupid man with UV mapping issue :(

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
ryoslilbandit
325 Views, 3 Replies

Help a very stupid man with UV mapping issue :(

Hi,

being the stupid human I am, I created a UV map for an object, saved it as a jpeg, but clicked no on saving the Maya file. Now, when I try to use the UV map on the object, it doesn't work, as Maya didn't save that it had been UV mapped. Is there anyway to get this saved jpeg and make it the objects UV map?

Don't want to face doing it all over again.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anifex09
in reply to: ryoslilbandit

Well you can look at this way. We don't become great by being perfect, we become great by making mistakes and learning from them. You can try to adjust the object's UVs to match your jpg by applying the texture before hand but, this all depends on the complexity of the UVs.... I would just redo it. You will find it much faster and if you are like me you will end up with something even better.
Message 3 of 4
wreliford
in reply to: Anifex09

Did you by chance had autosave enabled? Also, I agree with Anifex09 in that it is most likely faster to do it over again and you'd most likely get a better result. We've all been there.
Message 4 of 4
blt-liam
in reply to: ryoslilbandit

Sorry to hear about that, but mistakes happen to us all. And some times, other errors kill our work before we get a chance to save. Good luck, it's a long tedious quest, but well worth it.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report