Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help a Student out!!! No Pivot for my image plane

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
561 Views, 3 Replies

Help a Student out!!! No Pivot for my image plane

You can see from the first picture that when i select the image plane,theres no pivot appearing

While from the second picture you can see that when i select the polygon there is a pivot

Yes i tried clicking on centre pivot still to no avail

Can you please help me fix this problem because i cant model a car without being able to adjust the image plane to the size that i want it and its for my school.

Thank You

=D

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
halfstone
in reply to: Anonymous

The controls on the image plane are relatively new - I don't know from your pictures what's going on but you can always use the old fashioned way -

When you select the image plane, look in the channel box to see attributes called "Image Center X" "Image Center Y" and "ImagevCenter Z".  Changing these values will position the image plane on the grid.  (you can change them interactively by clicking on the attribute name, then MMB-click-drag in the modeling window).  For the size, you can click on either the width or the height, and do the samee thing. 

Note that the aspect ratio of the width and height are locked; changing one will change them both.  If one doesn't work, try the other. 

Message 3 of 4
kmarkus-walczak
in reply to: Anonymous

If this is a reference plane, then I don't believe it's supposed to have a pivot as they are pretty much setup dead center on the screen.  If on the other hand this is just an image attached to a typical poly plane, maybe try "Modify -> Center Pivot"...might just be that the pivot got moved somewhere off the screen.

Hope this helps!

Message 4 of 4
jyoung
in reply to: kmarkus-walczak

Is that an image plane generated from a camera? if so it's linked to that cam unless you checked the box to disconnect. Texture a polygon is usually easier for me, so that you have more control because it behaves like geometry. You can still change texture transparency to move it in front of your model and still see your splines or polygons.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report