Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free, Public 3D Animation Education: SENA-CENIGRAF Calle 69 Showcase Reel

0 REPLIES 0
Message 1 of 1
jdcifuentes23
414 Views, 0 Replies

Free, Public 3D Animation Education: SENA-CENIGRAF Calle 69 Showcase Reel

Hi! This is a compilation of our apprentices' best works. They have been studying since last October, doing the foundations: drawing, sculpting and animating with traditional techniques (stop motion, rotoscopy, making Victorian toys like zoetropes, and playing with shadow puppets). They started working in Maya this February from scratch.
We are part of a public institution called "SENA" (so, it's free education), they have been teaching 3D animation for a couple of years, but the results weren't remarkable. We are part of a new governmental plan, so everything that you are about to see in this demo reel has been done over the course of this year trying new teaching methodologies (with a lot of passion and hard work).
It's worth noting that they do not have to present any king of aptitude test to be in the program, so many of these students have no previous artistic experience, most come from low-income homes, so they were not very familiar with this medium, but as a teacher I am very proud of their growth and commitment.
They still have remaining five months of training (It's a really short course), five months to polish and gain skills to be part in Colombia CG industry. In this reel you are going to see animation and modeling emphasis, but they have been doing rigging, lighting, matchmoving and many other things that you are going to see in future showcases.
Any feedback is welcome, we are in a process of improvement, so we are happy to receive your reviews to ensure public, free and quality CG education, for this and all future promotions.
So without further ado, I leave you with the showcase of the current students from "SENA-CENIGRAF Calle 69" (yes, I know that it is a long name but it's the only way to differentiate ourselves from the rest of SENA)

https://vimeo.com/josedacu/reelsena3d

0 REPLIES 0

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report