Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display Handle not working

12 REPLIES 12
SOLVED
Message 1 of 13
dmazanec
2384 Views, 12 Replies

Display Handle not working

I'm relatively new to this.  I used Maya in v2 so it's been a while.  My question is when I select a group of object in the outliner and open the Attribute editor, under Disply there is a check box for Display Handle.  When I check the box nothing happens.  Can anyone tell me why this is happening?  

I'm using Maya 2016 on a Mac Mini with 10.10.5 OS. 

Thank you for the help. 

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
BenBisares
in reply to: dmazanec

I just tried it out on my Mac and it seems to be working as normal. You can see it here

http://autode.sk/1PyAyMS

This does not happen for you?

Ben Bisares
Message 3 of 13
dmazanec
in reply to: BenBisares

This? 

Message 4 of 13
dmazanec
in reply to: BenBisares

Before you think I'm crazy, here are a couple of screen shots from the other day.  I'm going through some Lynda.com tutorials and the models are not displaying the textures properly. I've already contacted them about that, but for some reason the Disply Handles didn't show up.  Today they work, but now the grid is gone. 

Message 5 of 13
syracoj

what happens when you do:

Maya main menu: Display > Transform Display

and toggle the Selection Handles entry in that list?

Message 6 of 13
dmazanec
in reply to: syracoj

they turn on and off.  Like I said, today they are working, but two days ago they were not working. And now today the grid doesn't show up.  

I realize I haven't used Maya in several years, but I don't remember it being like this.  When I first loaded it I put it on my old Macbook Pro.  It seemed very slow, so I loaded it on my mac mini, which is about a year old.  It's running faster, but strange things happen.  I did manage to crash it once.  I can't remember what I was doing when that happened.  

I've going through the Lynda.com 2016 Essential training videos, and so far none of the textures show up on the models.  They are in the excersie files I downloaded. Everything is in it's place, but they just don't show up.  I wondered if it's the graphics card, but is that even an issue anymore?  

Message 7 of 13
syracoj

whats the graphics in the mac mini?

if you engage VP1 do you get the same issue?

Message 8 of 13
dmazanec

Intel HD Graphics 4000 1024 MB graphics

Are you refering to Renderer > Legacy Default Viewport?  Nothing changes when I select that.  I have mental ray installed. 

Today I'm getting a red "// Error: File: /Application/Autodesk/Maya2016/Maya.app/Contents/scripts/shelves/shelf_Rendering.mel line 270: Object 'renderShelfPRRederButton not found" message when I open files.  

Hey, the grid came back, but now the Display Handles is gone again.  I swear, I didn't touch anything.  The check box has been checked all day.  

Message 9 of 13
syracoj

yes, I was suggesting turning on VP1.

Your graphics card may be having a difficult time with MSAA (multi sampling anti-aliasing) 

I see in the attached image that it is on. Its the viewport menu button of a circle. The left side of it is white and pixelated, the right side is smooth and cyan. Its 8th button to the right of the shaded mode button (shaded cube) in the viewport toolbar options.

turn that off and see if that helps.

Message 10 of 13
dmazanec

Nope that has no effect.  I tried that once early on.  Hey, the grid came back on.  Horray! 

Message 11 of 13
dmazanec

Ben and I talked on the phone and did a screen share.  Turns out I needed to install Service Pack 5.  Everything works as it should now. Thanks you both for the help. 

Message 12 of 13
syracoj

glad to hear dmazanec. thanks.

Message 13 of 13
BenBisares

dmazanec wrote:

Ben and I talked on the phone and did a screen share.  Turns out I needed to install Service Pack 5.  Everything works as it should now. Thanks you both for the help. 

My pleasure.

Ben Bisares

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report