Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changing Browser preferences for Maya 2011 help file?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
scottjenkins
389 Views, 3 Replies

Changing Browser preferences for Maya 2011 help file?

Hi,
I've searched and looked through the manual and can't find anything. Help me!
I used to use Chrome as my default browser, but have stopped because it has a number of flaws, the most annoying in that it doesn't display the Maya 2011 help file correctly. I set Safari as my default browser and Maya didn't change. I uninstalled Chrome and Windows gave me an error message that Maya was still looking for Chrome.
If it's a Safari issue, I'll happily go to IE9 (my only current choice as I'm on Windows 7 and MS doesn't let me go back to IE8.
So. How do I tell Maya to stop using Chrome?
Thanks.
Scott
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: scottjenkins

I've had this problem also but im sure it's not the browser just something weird with the installation

But Change this to open with your browser of choice and Maya will open it that way

Message 3 of 4
scottjenkins

I have that set to open with Safari. No luck internally from Maya, which still wants to open it in chrome.
😞
Message 4 of 4
scottjenkins

Turned out to be a Safari issue. I installed Firefox, set that as the default browser and Maya went to that. Then I went back to Safari, set that as my default browser and Maya stayed with Firefox.
Firefox works a whole hell of a lot better than Chrome for Maya's help file and isn't as frustrating as Safari. It sucks that I have to use multiple browsers depending on where on the internet I'm going, but at least they're free.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report