Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bonus Tools Mac - no menu?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
Russ2099
1080 Views, 3 Replies

Bonus Tools Mac - no menu?

I installed Bonus Tools 2014 for Maya 2013 on my Mac with OS 10.8.4.

Then I launched Maya.  I didn't see the 'bonus tools' menu item up top.

I compared my menu to the one here.  The one in the video has it in the top menu, but mine does not.

I found the bonus tools mel script in the shared sub folders for autodesk, so I know it's installed.

Any ideas what's wrong or what I should look into?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
stumanchu
in reply to: Russ2099

The bonus tools might not be the correct version you need....If you are on Maya 2013 you need to install the Maya 2013 bonus tools....If you are on Maya 2014, you need to install the 2014 bounus tools.  You cannot install the 2014 Maya Bonus tools on Maya 2013.  So, Uninstall whatever you did and get the correct version and you should be good to go....OK?

Message 3 of 4
Russ2099
in reply to: stumanchu

Thank you for your help.

I found the 2013 version of Bonus Tools.  I closed Maya then installed it.

When I re-launch Maya 2013 it still doesn't show up on the menu bar.

I found an article on this site:

http://area.autodesk.com/blogs/stevenr/maya-bonustools-2013-is-ready--are-you

"The python path on the Mac may need to be slightly different. Try this..."

import sys
sys.path.append("/Users/Shared/Autodesk/maya/2013/python")

But I don't know where to add it (at least to try it out).

I did find two 'userSetup.mel' files, one had some code for bonusToolsMenu, the other didn't and it said to paste the code into any other userSetup.mel files, which I did, then re-opened Maya, and still no bonus tools.  😞

Message 4 of 4
jonny.townsend
in reply to: Russ2099

Ok I found away that worked for me...

Go to finder and click on Go to folder. Then type in Users/youruser/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2013-x64/scripts. place the bonusToolsMenuToggle.mel here. Create a userSetup.mel file or ad a line to an existing one at the bottom, in a text editor program and just put 

bonusToolsMenu;  

When you open Maya it should be there. or you can open Maya, click the script editor and copy and past the content of the bonusToolsMenuToggle.mel and hit the execute button. The bonus tools should appear in the tool bar.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report