Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bifrost not simulating when re-opened

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Abobco
780 Views, 4 Replies

Bifrost not simulating when re-opened

So I don't know if Bifrost is unable to save or what the problem is, but it seems that if I load a scene that I had created a Bifrost liquid in, it will not simulate.  Even if I take a simple cube, and use the "Create Liquid" button in the Bifrost menu, and then save the scene (as a Maya ASCII), when I re-open Maya and load up the scene and click the play in the lower lefthand corner the bifrost will not simulate.  The scene still has all the Bifrost information and Maya seems to know that the cube is a spawn volume (because I can access all of the Bifrost menus in the attribute editor) but when I click play in the lower left, Maya just cycles the frames very quickly and does not actually do any Bifrost simulation.  Thanks a ton in Advance if anyone can help!

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
pshwayka
in reply to: Abobco

Hi,

When you re-open the scene and hit the play button, are you letting it cycle through all the frames?  You won't necessarily see the green shading on a re-opened file as it caches the liquid, and you won't see the liquid on the first pass.

Also, you mentioned twice the play button in the lower lefthand corner...have you rearranged your layout?  My play button is always in the lower right corner.

Message 3 of 5
Abobco
in reply to: pshwayka

yes I let it cycle through many times when I restart the scene, and I dont know why I said lower left... its very clearly in the lower right, sorry!  The problem still persists even if I try to create a new emitter in the same scene sometimes.

Message 4 of 5
pshwayka

When you hit play, does the Bifrost volume cube (the green wireframe cube) expand as if there is liquid falling, but you just can't see the liquid?  Or does absolutely nothing happen?

Message 5 of 5
vaishali21r

I have a similar/same issue. I opened the file after about a week and on clicking the play button there is no liquid. There is no bounding box, absolutely nothing happens. I will have to create a new liquid object from scratch and reassign the properties. In about another week this happens again and I have to recreate the liquid. Sometimes it happens the next day. Does anyone know why this is happening?

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report