Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backface culling broken - Maya 2016

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
arcon76
1367 Views, 5 Replies

Backface culling broken - Maya 2016

The "Backface Culling" checkbox in viewport shading menu doesn't worked on textured objects in the viewport, it only works in "5" shaded mode.

I'm pretty shocked this has made it past QA... it needs to be addressed in the next patch asap.  This worked fine in previous Maya versions.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pshwayka
in reply to: arcon76

Seems to be working for me....here are above and below shots of a half-sphere with the checkerboard texture applied.

above.JPG

below.JPG

Message 3 of 6
arcon76
in reply to: pshwayka

Doesn't work for me - if I apply a surface shader with a transparent file texture to a plane, and then turn on BC, I can still see both sides of the textured plane.  However if I press 5 for shaded mode the plane will cull correctly.

Message 4 of 6
pshwayka

Okay, I see what you mean. Go into your Viewport 2.0 settings and change the transparency algorithm to Weighted Average.

Message 5 of 6
arcon76
in reply to: pshwayka

Thanks that fixed it... there are quite a few default settings like this which have really obscure fixes..

Message 6 of 6
pshwayka

Yup...it took some trial and error to figure that one out. Glad it's working for you.

Smiley Happy

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report