Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backburner server list error

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
KristinaJohnson4096
873 Views, 4 Replies

Backburner server list error

Hi,

I am using Maya 2014 (service pack 3) with the latest version of Backburner on a Windows 7 PC.

Backburner works just fine if the Server List is left empty.  If I have just one machine active on the network, then backburner quietly goes away and renders things on it. 

If I enter the name of a particular machine in the server list, the name gets prepended with a random control character (you can see this in the Manager window when the job is submitted).  Then of course the Manager cannot find a machine of that name.

Anyone else having this problem?

Thank you.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
santd
in reply to: KristinaJohnson4096

Hello Kristina thank you for posting on The Area forums.

I have been attempting to test the issue that you describe. However, I am not finding the "Server List" you describe. Would you be able to specify where you are adding the names of the computer and I will test this on my end.

Have you tried using the IP address instead of the name? Just thought that might be worth a try.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 3 of 5
KristinaJohnson4096
in reply to: santd

Hi David,

Render > Create Backburner Job... then under the Backburner Options rollout there is the Server List text box. 

Using an IP address instead of the machine name did not work.

Thanks

Message 4 of 5
santd
in reply to: KristinaJohnson4096

Hello Kristina,

Thank you for sending me steps to replicate the issue. So far I have not been able to resolve the issue with the added character, but I was able to workaround the issue by creating a Global or Local Group in the Queue Monitor and then using the Server Group setting in the Backburner Options instead of the Server List option. I hope this information is helpful.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 5 of 5

Thanks.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report