Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya2022 does not start on Mac

15 REPLIES 15
SOLVED
Message 1 of 16
Anonymous
1465 Views, 15 Replies

Maya2022 does not start on Mac

In conclusion, I was wondering if anyone knows how to solve the situation where I have installed Maya 2022, but it doesn't show any errors and the icon just bounces and won't start.

The following is the history of this problem.

1. originally used Maya2018 on old MacBook

2. recently purchased a new MacBook and migrated the data (including Maya2018 software)

3. installed Maya2022 on the new Macbook (together with Maya2018)

4. at first, Maya2022 was working fine, but after changing the preferences on Maya, Maya stopped working.

5. reinstalled Maya2022 and uninstalled it cleanly referring to Autodesk official website, but the situation did not change.But I am a little skeptical that the clean uninstall is really working correctly.

As a side note, Maya2022 was installed for free with the Autodesk Education plan, and the language is English. And I remember one more thing, I think Maya stopped starting after I changed Viewport setting to "Legacy". 

- Environment of Maya2022 -

Mackbook Pro

Mack OS Monterey

Labels (3)
15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
patrick.schock
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello @Anonymous,

I would suggest the following:

1. In the Finder, click the Go menu and then click "Go to folder..." (Hold down "Command" key to see the Library folder): /Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/Maya/<version>/
  2. Click "Go" or press Enter.
  3. Locate the prefs folder and rename it to prefsOld (or to prefsBackup as you prefer).

MAC Maya Pref.gif

Now, open the System Preferences and check the settings at Files and Folders. Maya should be added there:

MAC Security Settings.gif 

Then, restart Maya and check if a new Preferences folder has been created. If so, Maya should start successfully.

Looking forward to hearing from you if you had success!

Best regards,

Patrick

“https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/logos/autodesk-logo-primary-rgb-black-small_forum.png”
Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
in reply to: patrick.schock

Thank you very much for your reply and the clear solution with video.

I received an answer on another forum the other day and was able to solve the problem successfully.

I hope you will be able to help me if the problem occurs again.

https://forums.autodesk.com/t5/maya-ri-ben-yu/macdemaya2022ga-qi-dongshinai/td-p/10815901

Message 4 of 16

On 2023 here, but this doesn't work for me.
Icon bounces and Maya doesn't launch.

Message 5 of 16

Tried installing 2024.

Given full disc access and access to Files and folders.

Any ideas?

Message 6 of 16

-

Message 7 of 16
steve.herridge

Wouldn’t mind if the ‘Edit basic details’ didn’t keep popping up either 😊

Message 8 of 16

Any ideas guys?

Message 9 of 16
parkerTXBJS

Every time I run into this issue, I have to reinstall the license app to launch Maya.  One would think Autodesk could do better for the price of the app, or at least be more proactive in finding a solution.

Message 10 of 16

Raised a ticked and have been working with an Autodesk guy on this.

Same thing, have to install the license server every time we restart.

Have another session where we're going to see if the antivirus software is stopping the license server from communicating.

Message 11 of 16
rmeducational

I believe I have a solution! Maya fails to launch when it cannot find the licencing service, which appears to not install correctly on MacOS right now. Head over to: https://www.autodesk.com/support/technical/article/caas/tsarticles/ts/f5IhBc15i0kOwzBb8lcEN.html and download the Mac version of the licencing installer (https://damassets.autodesk.net/content/dam/autodesk/external-assets/support-articles/autodesk-licens...). Install both files. Afterwards, launch Maya (twice) and it will work.

Message 12 of 16
steve.herridge

The solution our side (with the help of Paul from Autodesk) was a complete uninstall and reinstall.

Message 13 of 16
parkerTXBJS
in reply to: rmeducational

Thank you for the response.
Message 14 of 16
Colin_Ulmer
in reply to: rmeducational

This worked! Thank you!

Insane that for thousands of dollars a year I have to go manually install drivers or uninstall every time. God I love Autodesk so much they definitely aren't the worst in the industry!
Message 15 of 16

Nevermind, just install the Maya update. That fixes it.

Message 16 of 16

Thank you. That worked for me 🙂 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report