Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2017 very unstable and crashes

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
794 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2017 very unstable and crashes

Hello there I am using a student version Maya 2017 and there has been lot of complaints about this new version not being stable and crashes at random points.

I cannot see what type of error am getting it freezes the application. Not sure if dual monitor causing this issue because previous version didn't have any problem up until now. I have done fresh clean/reinstalled no luck, AMD video card and windows been updated, yet still cannot find solution other thread  please help this is totally annoying. I've looked other threads and there are no solutions.

My Specs: 

AMD 9590

AMD R9290x and 295x2

16GB DDR

256 SSD

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
in reply to: 181288

Any response? Or solution to this?

Message 3 of 5

It's been like 3 days and still not a single reply to this post.

- have updated service 2 Maya 2017

- Arnold plugin been updated

- AMD drivers are updated

- Uninstall/Reinstalled Maya

- Deleted Prefs old files

It's unstable and getting annoyed by it, doe anyone have solution to this?

Message 4 of 5
cornelh

@181288

Can you please give me more information?  Can you do a quick video of loading Maya up and showing me what kind of instability you are getting?  does it crash?  what are you doing when it crashes?  what files are you editing/using when it crashes?  Any plugins being used?  

I look forward to your reply.

Message 5 of 5
in reply to: cornelh

The crash can happen anytime within like 10 or 12 minutes it's random. when am modelling generally or rendering using Arnold and I realised if maya be's minimised for a long time or switching application by using alt-tab moving mouse on the second monitor it's likely to crash a lot.

Specs:

CPU :AMD 9590

Memory:16GB Ram

Video card : AMD R9290x and 295x2

Power Supply 1000 Watts

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report