Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
esferajp
528 Views, 4 Replies

Maya 2016

Hello: I'm new to the community. I have a student license for Maya 2016. Shelf tools appear in two tabs "Bullet" and "TURTLE" if I press them open but tools icons do not appear. What I can do to display and to use them? Thank you very much. Greetings. Juan Pedrosa
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
p-jinx
in reply to: esferajp

It sounds to me like your prefs folder might have been corrupted. Most of the time that's what it is if the UI is acting a bit funny.

If you simply get rid of the old prefs folder, Maya will create a new one for you next time you start it up. (If you want to keep your old one, just rename it and back it up.)

The prefs folder can be found in your documents folder in the Maya folder and inside whatever version you are using (2017 maybe?) In other words on a PC it might be something like: C:/Users/Username/Documents/Maya/2017

I back up the whole folder with the version number (in this case the folder "2017") pretty regularly. That is, whenever I make a change to my hotkeys, shelf, etc. Plus it's good to have a copy of it so you can transfer it from computer to computer (maybe between home and work/school) so you have all your custom shelves, hotkeys, etc.
Message 3 of 5
esferajp
in reply to: p-jinx

Thank you very much.
I deleted the tabs "Bullet" and "Turtle" in the Shelf Editor and I could reload "Turtle", with all its tools, who can be seen when pressed.
I could not yet find "Bullet". I'm looking at the help of Autodeskc and a manual that I have and I hope to find how.
regards

Message 4 of 5
esferajp
in reply to: esferajp

I've already got. Opening the Plug-in Manager, defusing bullet.mll, then Refresh and again activate bullet.mll and Refresh. Bullet So on the Shelf and pressing it again you can see all the icons.
Thank you very much again.

Message 5 of 5
esferajp
in reply to: p-jinx

Tonks.  Y have all in order now.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report