Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAYA 2008 FREEZES AND LOCKS MAC. Error: does not match the current architecture (VectorRender). KINDLY ASSIST ME. THANK YOU GRACIOUSLY.

17 REPLIES 17
Message 1 of 18
Anonymous
337 Views, 17 Replies

MAYA 2008 FREEZES AND LOCKS MAC. Error: does not match the current architecture (VectorRender). KINDLY ASSIST ME. THANK YOU GRACIOUSLY.

Hardware: iMac Aluminum / 2.4Ghz / 4GB Ram / 256 Vram / Intel Core II duo - Installed Maya 2008. No problem. Completed serial procedure. No problem. Launch program and I get this error message: Error: does not match the current architecture (VectorRender). Computer is frozen and will not respond whatsoever. Cursor moves but no functionality. Must restart using power button. Please assist me. Thank you kindly.
17 REPLIES 17
Message 2 of 18
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Are you running Maya on a Mac that uses an Intel CPU? What version of OS X are you using? Is Maya being installed on OS X or is this a Windows version installed in virtualization such as VMWare Fusion? Are there any other errors indicated in the crash log?
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous

Thank you so much for your help. Yes, I am running a MAC that uses an Intel CPU. Specifically an Intel Core II Duo. Maya is running on the OS X operating side. I am NOT using Boot Camp, Parallels, or VMWare Fusion. No other errors indicated other than: "does not match the current architecture (VectorRender)." Perhaps it would help here if I would supply you the crash log? If yes, How might I go about doing this? With Kind Regards.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous

My 22" iMac brushed metal, freezes too after loading maya.

With OSX 10.4.11. Maya 2008.
Message 5 of 18
Anonymous

Have you had any luck finding a solution?
Message 6 of 18
Anonymous

Nope.

Have you found out anything?
Message 7 of 18
Anonymous

No. Regrettably. Really stuck here. So bothersome. Good luck to both of us.
Message 8 of 18
Anonymous

Ok, I think I have it working now - with an ugly hack that requires shell skills and a separate computer.

Here's the crazy, magical thing that got it to stop freezing my iMac. Probably best not to try unless you know shell.

From a separate computer login with ssh from a terminal. ssh 10.1.1.2 -l username
Save everything on freezing iMac... etc.
Start Maya, and wait for iMac to freeze.
From separate computer type ps aux | grep Maya, note the process id.
kill -9 process id from before... eg kill -9 98239844
Shut down the frozen mac remotely. sudo shutdown -r now
Message 9 of 18
Anonymous

WOW! So glad you got it working. I have no skill with Shell. Nor do I know what shell is? Perhaps you can explain why this procedure is needed?
Might you be able to walk me through this step by step like a child? If not, I totally understand. I'm happy for you brother. Kind Regards.
Message 10 of 18
Anonymous

hi,

Go to applications -> util -> terminal

google for how to use ssh.

Or maybe you know a unix nerd locally who can help you out?
Message 11 of 18
Anonymous

HI, i have an iMac runing Mac Os X ver 10.4.11, 2ghz intel 2 core.I have the same problem of Howard Rourke with maya 2008 and 8.5.But the diferent is that i have installed on the same mac WIndows xp sp2 on VMware Fusion ver 1.0(51348).

any way to solve the problem?
Thanks, I appreciate.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous

Geesz i have the problem as well...

im running a Imac with ver. 10.4.11, 2.4 GHz, 3 Gb of ram, ATI RadeonHD2600 vram: 256mb

is auto desk even fixing the problem? this seems so retarded!
Message 13 of 18
Anonymous

I have the same problem, does anyone even know if autodesk has a version of maya out that works on intel macs? ANYTHING?!?!?!
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous

yeah i am working on the same problem right now kinda annoying
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous

*BUMP*

Where is AUTO DESK on this??!?!
Message 16 of 18
CarlFrischmuth

hey guys i was researching the same problem and found a couple of
workarounds that might help

you can still access the Vector renderer from PPC code, in the get info window of Maya.app, tick the box "open in Rosetta" this will cause Maya to run in PPC mode, dont forget to unceck the box when you finnish your render, to regain your non-emulated speed.

I tried something : Force the opening of Maya8.5 via Rosetta ( command - i on the app, and "open with Rosetta"), maya8.5 much longer to open, but VectorRender plugin loads without probs ! Will not use that VectorRender every days, but now know it’s possible to use it that way

Id load it up via rosetta and then check that the vector render plugin isnt set to autoload in the preferences > plug in manager

and then restart it as per normal...

can you let me know if this works ???

im not near a mac right now to test it out...

also FYI
from bottom of this page
http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/item?siteID=123112&id=7635770#MultipleRendering
Vector Renderer
Windows® 32-bit and Mac OS® X on PowerPC® systems only.

edit : i also found a similar fix here too

area.autodesk.com/forum/index.php/forums/viewreply/10229/

Cheers
Carl
Message 17 of 18
Anonymous

I think we should bombard autodesk with whatever email addy we can find until they start paying attention. The only address I could find was hotline@alias.com.
We need a petition going for a fix!!!
Message 18 of 18
Anonymous

UPDATE:

I have been emailing autodesk about this back and forth. They replied with the following statement:

'Please refer to the qualification charts. http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/qualcharts/Maya_OSX_2008.htm
I understand that this is a frustrating issue for some users, but if a system is not listed in these charts than it is unqualified.'

I then asked them if there was any way to petition to have autodesk test more systems, we dont want to sit around and wait for them to catch up with apple. Im awaiting thier further replies.

L

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report