Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

hotkey not working

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
my.mail
7441 Views, 3 Replies

hotkey not working

Hello, I have a problem

With Maya 2016 Extenison2, the hotkey ctrl+w is not working. It can be assigned to a command (see screenshot), but the command is not working, nothing shows up in the script editor either. The command still works properly if chosen from the menu.

The same problem repeats on every computer of other users of Maya Extension2 I've asked, on any command, and doesn't repeat in previous extensions or in previous Maya versions.

I've been using this shortcut for this command for 11 years already, so please don't advise just to change it, it'd be too uncomfortable.

FF05.jpg

FF06.jpg

Here's what happens after I press a shortcut:

FF07.jpg

Here's what happens after I press it from the menu:

FF08.jpg

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
Imankhorrami
in reply to: my.mail

[SOLVED]
I'v found this video on Youtube usefull. This way will solve all issue. Smiley Very Happy

https://youtu.be/k2oKSU2ww8s

Message 3 of 4
j_shelley
in reply to: Imankhorrami

Does not work. Even after applying the duplicate hotkey settings to the Workspace.

Turns out that Ctrl+W is not a valid hotkey. It just plain does not work, for absolutely no reason whatsoever.

Either this should be fixed, or Maya should not let you bind it in the hotkey editor

Message 4 of 4
alanlashbrook
in reply to: j_shelley

Yes, I have had the same problem. Thanks for staying with this.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report