Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleting non-deletable camera nodes

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
rmf001
4355 Views, 5 Replies

Deleting non-deletable camera nodes

Possible?

I imported a couple scenes into another scene and it came in with a bunch of cameras i'd like to remove.

Deleted history, optimized scene, etc, but still get

"// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2015/scripts/others/doDelete.mel line 125: Non-deletable node 'top' cannot be deleted. // "

Any ideas how to delete this redundant stuff?

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
pshwayka
in reply to: rmf001

"Top" is a viewport camera.  Are you sure you're not accidently selecting it when attempting to delete cameras?

Message 3 of 6
rmf001
in reply to: pshwayka

Right. Its a viewport camera I want deleted. It was imported with another scene. There are a number of them i don't need.

Message 4 of 6
pshwayka

You won't be able to delete "top." However, you should be able to select top1 and top2 in the outliner and delete them.

Message 5 of 6
rmf001
in reply to: pshwayka

I cannot..

doDelete;
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2015/scripts/others/doDelete.mel line 125: Non-deletable node 'top1Shape' cannot be deleted. //
// Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2015/scripts/others/doDelete.mel line 125: Non-deletable node 'top1' cannot be deleted. //

same with other extra orthos and even some extra persp cameras that came in with imports.

Message 6 of 6
pshwayka

Hmm...that's odd.  You may want to try unlocking the camera nodes with a script.  See information on the lockNode command here.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report