Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2016 freezes when I play animation

5 REPLIES 5
SOLVED
Message 1 of 6
MichaelTSmith
3774 Views, 5 Replies

Maya 2016 freezes when I play animation

Hello,

This is my first time using these forums, so i apologize if i miss some of things i am supposed to say.

I am using a macbook pro, the yosemite os and maya 2016.

I am having an issue that i cannot find a solution for.  An animation i am working on but whenever i play the animation (or just move the bar along the timeline), maya either crashes or freezes with a white box on screen. It happens at random but it always happens and I cant get anything done with this issue. Any help would be most appreciated.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Nevermind. Someone has helped me fix it. Thank you anyway.

Message 3 of 6
tony.su
in reply to: MichaelTSmith

You can try to change evaluation mode to DG. There is an issue in Parallel mode. 

1.jpg

Tony Su
Product Support
Message 4 of 6
MichaelTSmith
in reply to: tony.su

Terribly sorry for this. I had forgotten that i need to accept a solution or something to close this thread. I am just going to accept yours as the solution. My friend figured out that their was something in the scene that was messing up the animation. Once i ditched it and worked on something else, it started working again just fine. i dont know what in the scene caused it to brake but i have since abandoned it. Any way, thank you for your reply and i apologize for my lateness for a response. 

Message 5 of 6

Maya 2018 is a shame. with animation interpolation on DG will don't freeze during animation, but will freeze anyway. Is absolutely imposible to have ncloth / nhair simulations in maya 2018. And guess what fbx export don't work to ! it change the position and the scale. I think I will go to blender or cinema 4d, maya destroyed my life. Ohhhhhhh and don't make me to talk about Xgen. Don't start me to do that. You will be shocked.

Message 6 of 6
meral.gozleten
in reply to: tony.su

I dont know DG will be problem in the future but now, Im happy to solve that.
Thanks you to share 

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report