Community
Maya Animation and Rigging
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya animation topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Export Skin Weights Maps fails

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Anonymous
3348 Views, 4 Replies

Export Skin Weights Maps fails

Hi everyone,

I'm currently using Maya 2011 hotfix 2 and when trying to export skin weights maps, I get the following error : "Failed to export the attribute map".

Just wanted to know if I'm the only one having this rather annoying issue... export worked properly for me with the initial version of Maya 2011.

Thanks,

System specs:
Windows 7 Pro x64
Intel i7 920 @2.67Ghz
8 Go Ram
Quadro FX 4600

=================================Edit
I rolled back to the initial build of Maya 2011 (april) and I got the same error... It was working fine before I installed the hotfix 2...
And comet's scripts weight export tool gives me a syntax error...
I made tests with clean files, simply skinning a cylinder to a bunch of joints... no export possible.
Could my install be corrupted?
Kind of lost here... help...drawning...glups...
I'll be filling a support, but if anyone has an idea of where I could start searching, you're more than welcome :)
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Support has provided me with the fix to this issue.
For those encountering the same problem, simply delete your userPrefs.mel file (after backing it up) and restart Maya... Now hotfix 2 exports skin weights maps like a charm...
I know, I could have thought about this one before...
Have a great week everyone :)
Message 3 of 5
n8skow

thank you for sharing your solution Eldom.
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous

Hi, This might help, I will try. But need to ask, we have done many updates since this release and not sure if I did the Hotfix 2. Where do I look to see if I did this fix or not

-Thanks
SusanLL
Message 5 of 5
Anonymous

no need to delete userPrefs.mel, restoring default settings in the export skin dialog and using them is fine - then exporting with your settings should be no problem 🙂 (Maya 2014 SP4)

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report