Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Track a Human Head using Matchmover possible?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
Anonymous
1384 Views, 2 Replies

Track a Human Head using Matchmover possible?

Hi,

I am searching a good documentation and a tutorial where I can see how to track a moving Face / Head. My Idea is to export the tracking after to 3ds max and use a mask for example on the face.

After reading a post in this forum the only information I have is, that the camera should be locked during the actor is moving the head.

Every help I would apriciate.
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
probedroid
in reply to: Anonymous

This somewhat depends on if you want to track the head as a static or deforming object. Static would mean you could matchmove markers on non-deforming parts (actor should not be grimacing) from just one sequence as usual but choose move scene instead of move camera on export. This way you would get the basic orientation of the skull as your solve.
If you need to conform to a deforming face with facial expressions changing, at least two witness cams additional to the main camera should be used. MM will do the markers on the face as a mocap track, getting depth information from the difference in perspective of the cams in use.

There's also a lot of good info on this on the "Hollywood Camera Work: VFX for Directors" DVD set.
http://www.hollywoodcamerawork.us/vfx_index.html
I highly recommend it, especially if you are using Matchmover.
Message 3 of 3
samab
in reply to: Anonymous

I take it you also read this thread on a similar subject.
I meant to post a link to examples on HCW in my post there, but the link seems to be missing.
I did manage to do this in Max, but it did not work as it should, I had to use a workaround.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report