Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Static Image

1 REPLY 1
Message 1 of 2
ianim8
165 Views, 1 Reply

Static Image

Back in the day there was a way to match an Imported images perspective in Alias Sketch!
Is there something similar in MatchMover?
I get the moving camera part but what about as an example an area rug with the measurements and I place tracking points at each corner then try to derive a 3D camera from that?
Is that possible in MM?
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2
samab
in reply to: ianim8

MM's solves are based on camera paralax, so can't solve 3D with a static camera. Though it can use additional reference shots taken from other angles to help solve with pans from a static tripod, though I never worked out how to make that work. Still, locked on shots are not what MM is for, though it may be possible. I have however used Image Modeler to match locked on shots, it works quite well for that, but you will want additional reference shots from varying angles for it to work well.
I like to take a DSC on a shoot for this purpose, while the cameraman takes the shot, I take a few stills from different angles to help get a 3D match for the scene.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report