Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodeskā€™s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
ShowĀ Ā onlyĀ  | Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Problem with coordinate system in MatchMover

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
Anonymous
2451 Views, 5 Replies

Problem with coordinate system in MatchMover

Hi everyone, I have a problem with MatchMover that I can't solve. I can not set a correct coordinate system for my scene; from the image you can see that the z-axis is not positioned correctly, and therefore the y-axis is wrong. I can not place the z axis properly.
Does anyone know how I can fix the problem?
Thanks in advance.

5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

I have the same exact problem. What is even more frustrating that almost the same exact scene set up worked a few days ago. I do not set the Z coordinate, I only set up the X and Y axes but my matchmover also places the Z coordinate in the wrong direction. Make sure that under Preferences you set the 3D up direction the Z axis. I am using MAc OsX Lion so I can tell it is the same problem with the Mac.
I am sooo sorry that I do not know the answer but I encourage the other users to give us some solution.

Thanks in advance,

B
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous

Hi again,

I am attaching two images. In the first one you can see that I have enough points in all directions (X,Y,Z) so I could easily do the registration. However my coordinate system turns out to be horrible (image 2). I tried both setting up the Z axis and the Y axis along the X but it did not matter. I also selected different adjustment methods (from origin to track points, based on two points etc.)
All axes are wrong and oriented badly. When I do an indoor shooting (like you did) then it sometimes works for me for some reason sometimes it does not.

Hope we will find the answer soon.

Thanks,

Balazs

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous

I have the same problem!
Message 5 of 6
3Dbrit

I know this is an old thread, but someone might find it useful, I had the same problem, and i fixed it by simple pressing the solve for camera. it seamed the axes where updating but the camera wasn`t, thus making it look like the axes where wrong. give it a try.

Hope this helps

Message 6 of 6
goran_m_pg

Same  problem...i also set X and Y axis and Z one goes bwaaaah.... i even did them to share Z axis, but no luck...

So bad that autodesk doesnt recognise this as problem...

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report