Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matchmover 2014

9 REPLIES 9
Message 1 of 10
Jamma247
1521 Views, 9 Replies

Matchmover 2014

Unlike the instruction here: 

http://download.autodesk.com/us/maya/mayamatchmoveronlinehelp/index.html?url=WS73099cc142f48755-385a...

Matchmover will not import .mov or a sequence of .tif ?

9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

hello.  are you using 3ds max or maya?

Message 3 of 10
Jamma247
in reply to: Jamma247

I am using Max but the problem is with matchmover not max.

Message 4 of 10
Steve_Curley

Matchmover is maintained by the Maya team and has its own forum within the Maya section to where I've moved this thread.

Max 2016 (SP1/EXT1)
Win7Pro x64 (SP1). i5-3570K @ 4.4GHz, 8Gb Ram, DX11.
nVidia GTX760 (2GB) (Driver 430.86).

Message 5 of 10
Jamma247

Ok, so the thread has moved. Is there an answer to my original question?

Message 6 of 10
santd

Hello Jamma247,

Thanks for posting to The Area Forums.

It seems that .mov may be supported only on the 32-bit version of Matchmover due to quicktime codecs not being supported in a 64-bit environment.

As far as .tif goes. I am seeing that as an option on Matchmover 2014 64 bit so that should work fine.

Are you getting errors when trying to import .tif or do you just not see it in the list?

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 7 of 10
Jamma247

I can see  .tif files in 'import sequence' but when I try, I just get the error 'cannot open the image sequence'

also: When typing my reply in 'the area' I cannot refer to the previous reply as it is not visible.

I find this error reporting in the area extremely time consuming and non productive.

Message 8 of 10
Jamma247

So where is the 32bit version available?

Message 9 of 10
santd

The 32-bit version of MatchMover would be found in the 32-bit version of the software you are using, in your case 3ds Max 32-bit. The latest release Matchmover on the app exchange website doesn't have a 32-bit version.

I did some looking around in our internal database and found that what you are seeing, in which Matchmover is not able to load a tif sequence, is a known and logged issue with our development team. Unfortunately, I don't have an estimated time as to when the issue will be resolved.

I apologize for the lack of a solution on this, but I hope what I provided was informative in understanding the issue.

In regards to the reply issue in The Area, you should be able to see the post that you are replying to at the bottom of the screen after you click the "Reply" button on the particular post. I know I normally have to scroll down passed the attachments to see it, but it should be there. Also using quick reply keeps you in the full post window, if that is something you would prefer.

Cheers,

David Santos

Message 10 of 10
Jamma247

I am running the 64 bit version of max 2015, I dont have anymore room on my ssd to run the 32bit version as well.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report