Community
Lighting & Solar Analysis Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Insight 360 Lighting & Solar Analysis Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to create daylighting analysis room schedule

21 REPLIES 21
SOLVED
Message 1 of 22
makoo
3091 Views, 21 Replies

Failed to create daylighting analysis room schedule

Hi,

I downloaded new daylight analysis (version 1.21) and tried it.

However, when I click [Start Analysis] button, I received a error message "Failed to create daylighting analysis room schedule".

I used Revit 2015 Japanese and Revit 2014 Japanese.

However, when I tried the same file with Revit 2014 English version, I could get the result no error.

Doesn't this module support Revit Japanese version?

I could use old Autodesk Labs version with Revit Japanese version.

Thanks,

makoo

21 REPLIES 21
Message 2 of 22
scheerd
in reply to: makoo

Hello.

We may have missed something in the 2015 release.  To help us fix it, we have created extensive logging of the actions if you enable logging.  Can you please do the following:

1. Open the file LightThresholds.dll.config from 
    C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2015\AddIns\Revit Daylighting Analysis

(your path may be slightly different depending on  your flavor of Revit)
    in a text editor like Notepad.

2. Modify the key for DebugLogging to read:

<add key="DebugLogging" value="1"/>

3. Save the file, replacing the old one
    (note, you may have to save the file to another location then copy it to the AddIns folder, depending on your permissions)

4. Close Revit 2015 and reopen it, open your file and Run Analysis.

5. After you get the error, go to C:\Autodesk\RevitDaylighting

and send the latest log file to us.  If you want to keep it confidential, you can send it directly to me at david.scheer@autodesk.com.

That should give us all the info we need to solve the problem.

Thanks for the help.

David

Message 3 of 22
makoo
in reply to: scheerd

Hi,

Thank you fro replying.

I got the log file and attached it.

Pleae investigate.

Thanks,

makoo

Message 4 of 22
Anonymous

Hi Makoo,

I am helping David track down the cause of this problem. From the log file, it looks like the schedule is failing to be created due to some shared parameters not being added to your model. Can you please provide some additional information to help me confirm this? Can you please share the LEEDParameters.txt file included with the lighting analysis plug-in?

I would also like to see the current state of your model that you are trying to analyze. But if you do not want to share the model, can you select a Room in the model and look at its properties? In the properties window, scroll down until you see the shared parameters and send me a screenshot of what is there.

Thanks you,

Elizabeth

Message 5 of 22
makoo
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi Elizabeth-san,

Thank you for your help.

I found out LEEDParameters.txt in C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2015\AddIns\Revit Daylighting Analysis folder. I attached it.

I tried to run the analysis with Autodesk Labs sample file "rac_daylighting_advanced_sample_project.rvt". Although I attached it, I cannnot post it because the file size is large.

Then I selected a room 121 at 01 - Entry Level and caputured the properties (sorry it is Japanese text).

Thanks,

makoo

Message 6 of 22
Anonymous

Hi Makoo,

So far I cannot see any reason for the failure.  Did you successfully run an analysis in LAR using the Japanese language Revit prior to this release? Have you tried any other models with the latest release? When you tried to run the analysis on "rac_daylighting_advanced_sample_project.rvt", was it located in a writeable directory? I've found that if the plug-in will not work correctly if I try to work with the models in the Samples folder where they are installed, only if I save them to another directory outside Program Files.

Best regards,

Elizabeth

Message 7 of 22
makoo
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi,

> Did you successfully run an analysis in LAR using the Japanese language Revit prior to this release?

Yes. I used Revit 2014 UR2 Japanese and Revit Daylighting Analysis ver. 1.0.16. I could run it. 

> Have you tried any other models with the latest release?

Yes. I tried to run the sample model and my new model files.

The following is my status:

- Revit 2014 Japanese and Revit Daylighting Analysis ver 1.0.16 --> Success

- Revit 2014 English and Revit 2014-Lighting Analysis ver 1.21 --> Success

- Revit 2014 Japanese and Revit 2014-Lighting Analysis ver 1.21 --> Fail

- Revit 2015 Japanese and Revit 2015-Lighting Analysis ver 1.21 --> Fail

> When you tried to run the analysis on "rac_daylighting_advanced_sample_project.rvt", was it located in a writeable directory?

Of cource.

Thanks,

makoo

Message 8 of 22
rds3000

Hello.

This appears to be a problem with the Japanese 2015 release that we will not be aboe to support until next release.

David

Message 9 of 22
makoo
in reply to: rds3000

Hi,

New build 1.23 was able to run on Revit 2015 Japanese without error.

Thank you very much!

Thanks,

makoo

Message 10 of 22
Anonymous

Hi Makoo,

Glad to hear it. Thanks for the update.

Best Regards,

Message 11 of 22
rds3000

Fantastic! Glad we could help so quickly.
David
Message 12 of 22
nadinepearson
in reply to: rds3000

I am getting the same issue, but I am using the english version, Revit 2015. Simply says the same thing as the original poster. Any ideas?

Message 13 of 22
scheerd
in reply to: nadinepearson

Hi.

We ahve a solution to this problem in the next release coming up very soon.  Meanwhile, you should be able to work around the issue by deleting all of the shared parameters associated with Room for LAR, which will trigger the tool to recreate the shared parameters so they will be available for the schedules.  Here is the list of LAR shared parameters:

% above threshold

% belowthreshold

% within threshold

3pm % above threshold

3pm % belowthreshold

3pm % within threshold

3pm Area % above threshold

3pm Area % belowthreshold

3pm Area % within threshold

9am % above threshold

9am % belowthreshold

9am % within threshold

9am Area % above threshold

9am Area % belowthreshold

9am Area % within threshold

Automated Shades

Include in Daylighting

David

Message 14 of 22
nadinepearson

I've tried doing that, but when I hit "ok" i get the following message:

"An error occurred while writing to 'C:/Program Files....LeedParameters.txt'. The shared parameter file was not successfully saved."

Message 15 of 22
scheerd

OK, you actually should not be using the LeedParameters txt file, that's from an old version.  Let me talk to the developer about how to resolve that.

Thanks for your patience.

David

Message 16 of 22
nadinepearson

Any updates on this? I need to get this working in the next week.

Thanks!

Message 17 of 22
scheerd

Yes, and my apologies for not posting the announcement here.  We put out a new release through the Solar Analysis Labs page last week that should fix your issue in LAR.  The installer is a combined installer for both LAR and SAR, and is available here:

https://beta.autodesk.com/callout/?callid=A85F5FB11247411E985ED97605743273

David

Message 18 of 22
nadinepearson

Thanks David. 

I've installed the new release. I'm having a new issue that I can't figure out. I'm getting this error after running the analysis:

"Failed to export document to SPD. The current document needs to be saved."

I had just synchronized prior to starting the analysis.

Message 19 of 22
scheerd

OK, well we moved forward anyway!
When the model is corrected for the schedule parameters problem, LAR writes shared parameters to the project, so we assume the SPD translator (SPD is the export format for the analysis engine) is incorrectly thinking that the model is not saved before exporting.  We are working thorugh this now, but in the meantime you can work around this by

- open the model 'detach from central',

- save as a new project or new local

- run analysis

Please let me know if this works. 

David

Message 20 of 22
nadinepearson

David,

This solution has worked, I have finally been able to run the analysis and see results. Thank you!

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report