Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom, publish area and view orientation

8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9
coreyparks
1557 Views, 8 Replies

Zoom, publish area and view orientation

I am continually having to fix things with my zoom level and orientation inside the publish area.  I come from an AutoCAD paperspace world where once you set the view the way you want you can zoom and pan with impunity without messing up the view scale and orientation.  Is there anyway that I can lock a snapshot so when I zoom in and out to see finer detail it doesn't mess up my view and I also can't tweak the orientation by mistake either.  Also Why does the publish area work like it does?  I set it up so I had a nice view size on my monitor.  I then went into a meeting with management to show them this software among other things.  I have to use a department laptop to do this since I have a desktop.  I remoted into my desktop and due to the laptop and/or the fact I am plugged into a projector the publish area now overlaps all of the tool bars and I can't see half of my document.  Part numbers are impossible to see and the whole screen looks like crap.  Tough to sell management on a piece of software when they can't even see how it operates on screen properly. 

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9
bowen192
in reply to: coreyparks

It's frustrating coming from Inventor, and there is no option to have Inventor like control in this area.  I agree separate perspective and object manipulation should be standard.

I know it's far from perfect, but can you not just create a new snapshot, mess about in there and then delete said snapshot?  It's not a massive workaround, or am I getting confused?

Message 3 of 9
peggy.wang

Thank you for posting your problem in Newsgrounp. Could you try to select all the annotations in browser and Uncheck the option: Pin to Screen? and the annotation will move when you zoom the model.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 4 of 9
coreyparks
in reply to: peggy.wang

Thats it, I don't want to zoom the model.  I already set the annotation up to work this way.  I want to lock the view down so instead of zooming inside the view as it does now and messing up my view it works more like paper space in AutoCAD.  You zoom and pan to get your view setup then lock it so the scaling and orientation doesn't change only the zoom level.  Constantly having to re-tweak views.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 5 of 9
coreyparks
in reply to: bowen192

I am not sure thats what I want to do.  Generally I like to go through and create my views as I want to see them, what I feel best explains the design.  Then I will go back and balloon them.  On some of the computer screens I use I need to pan and zoom to clearly see just what I am doing in order to dimension and or balloon things which of course messes up my views.  If I create a new snapshot and delete it when I'm done doesn't that just delete all of the work I did adding ballons and such?  I actually create another storyboard all together if I just want to be able "play" around with the parts to make sure I don't screw things up. 

Corey Parks
Message 6 of 9
peggy.wang

I am not sure whether you need my replay or not. Only post my finding below, just FYI.

1, check Pin on screen,

A: maximize or restore down the Publisher window size, the label will change the relative location, see attached image

B: when i don't change the Publisher window size, just zoom the model, the labels don't move

2, uncheck Pin on screen.

A: maximize or restore down the Publisher window size, the label will not change the relative location, see attached image

B: when i don't change the Publisher window size, just zoom the model, the labels will move

see attached image;

001.png, create many labels for the model when the windows is small, save it to file.ipb

002.png, open the IPB file , uncheck pin on screen, maximize the window, all labels relative position is not change

003.png, open the IPB file,  chech pin on screen option, maximize the window, all labels are move out of the publish area.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 7 of 9
coreyparks
in reply to: peggy.wang

Where is this PIN setting found?  What your showing looks like what I was looking for, though I can verify that since my trial expired. 

Corey Parks
Message 8 of 9
peggy.wang

Select the annotation items in browser, you can select multi annotations in browser, and pin to screen items display.

see attached image.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 9 of 9
DougSchmucker

I know what you are talking about and it would be nice to be able to lock a snapshot like you are asking. The best work around I have found to this problem is to right click on the snapshot and use set affect snapshots use one of those options. If you select say 5 snapshots through this menu, you can set the zoom the same for all 5 of the snapshots that you selected. And yes it would be nice then to lock those snapshots in that orinentation once you have them where you want them. I think Publisher needs to find a way to do that for us.  

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report