Inventor Publisher

Valued Contributor
dherman469
Message 1 of 5 (2,125 Views)

Windows Phone app

2125 Views, 4 Replies
03-30-2012 07:26 AM

Hello,

Currently the publisher app is available for iOS and Android.  Do you plan to make this app available for Windows Phone or the upcoming Windows 8 tablets?  For that matter, will any of the Autodesk apps be written for Windows Phone/Tablets? 

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

Lavacar
Message 2 of 5 (2,108 Views)

Re: Windows Phone app

04-06-2012 01:24 PM in reply to: dherman469

I'm interested in knowing that too.  

I recently switched up my phone to from an Android to a Windows phone.  The app was really useful.  I run a Mobile car wash in Montreal, Lavacar.ca, and so I would use it constantly for my business.  For the moment I have an old ipad, but I plan on switching soon when a decent Windows 8 tablet comes out.  

Thanks 

Employee
TimeraAutodesk
Message 3 of 5 (2,097 Views)

04-09-2012 03:41 PM in reply to: dherman469

Hi Daniel -

At this time, Inventor Pubilsher Mobile Viewer has only been developed for iOS and Android, and we do not have any plans to develop a third component for the Windows platform.

I am not aware of any of Autodesk's mobile apps being developed for Windows at this time, but if there's one in particular you have a question about I can point you in the right direction to get a more clear answer.

Thanks,

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Valued Contributor
dherman469
Message 4 of 5 (2,087 Views)

04-10-2012 05:14 AM in reply to: dherman469

Thank you for the reply.  I'd like to suggest that the Publisher app be written for Windows Phone, even though I know it would be a lot of work.  With the immenent death of Blackberry, many businesses will need to make a switch.  Android is not a good choice for business, and iOS has too many restrictions.  I think that Windows Phone is going to become much more popular for business in the future. 

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

arq.saulpedraza
Message 5 of 5 (616 Views)

11-14-2013 04:54 PM in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Hi.

I was reading this post and it's been more than a year, I just want to know if anything about the app for windows devices (phones, tablets) has change.

I was in a conference in Bogota about BIM yesterday but i couldn't ask about it and I was realy amazed with the BIM system, right now I want to use all the cool things I saw, but I don,t want to change my phone or my tablet.

if you could give me good news I will be very grateful.

Thanks.

Saul Pedraza

Architect

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.