Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why doesn't autoexplode separate components in a straight line of disassembly?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
tlcallaghan
437 Views, 2 Replies

Why doesn't autoexplode separate components in a straight line of disassembly?

How can I get auto explode to assembly pulled apart components to remain in the line of disassembly, rather then showing the part off to the side?

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
Jon.Balgley
in reply to: tlcallaghan

Unfortunately, the auto-explode command does not give you this kind of control -- it is quite limited.  You may have better success with the "manual explode" command.  This lets you select a set of components and "pull" them along an axis.

Jon Balgley
Message 3 of 3
tlcallaghan
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

Maybe this is an issue that can be addressed in the next release?  If there is no software solution for a correct auto exploded view and I would need to manually pull apart each component, why would a customer spend $2400 on Inventor Publisher to manually explode an image when your Design Review software does the same for 0 dollars?  I would think that's the reason for spending the $2400...to get the automation needed to auto explode to reduce the cost of equipment manual production.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report