Inventor Publisher

Inventor Publisher

Valued Mentor
coreyparks
Message 1 of 5 (873 Views)

Watermarked background

873 Views, 4 Replies
10-30-2012 02:49 PM

Is it possible to add a picture to the background so that exported files will have a set picture for a background?  I have a few storyboards complete and I would like to have a company logo in the background identifying this as an in-house machine manual.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
IV2014 Factory Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Synergis Adept document management software
16gb RAM --- Nvidia Quadro 4000 2gb
Mentor
bowen192
Message 2 of 5 (867 Views)

Re: Watermarked background

10-31-2012 09:23 AM in reply to: coreyparks

There is no watermark option.

You can change the background to whatever you want, though:

View > Background

Select Image, then Browse... to your logo

Click OK.

Valued Mentor
coreyparks
Message 3 of 5 (840 Views)

11-06-2012 05:00 AM in reply to: bowen192

Funny your answer was marked as the solution even though I never selected it as that.  Yeah I knew about the background but that doesn't seem to filter down into exported files, none that I tried anyway.  Plus its quite a pain to use since it expands to fill the screen instead of the publish area.  We have different size screens and resulutions in the group that will be using the software so this makes for a rather large headache.  Not a game breaker just thought it would be nice to have.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
IV2014 Factory Design Suite Ultimate
Windows 7 64 bit
Synergis Adept document management software
16gb RAM --- Nvidia Quadro 4000 2gb
Employee
peggy.wang
Message 4 of 5 (825 Views)

11-08-2012 11:51 PM in reply to: coreyparks

No watermark option now, Log this suggestion to internal tracking system: ID: Nov-10285.

Peggy Wang
Sr. Software QA Engineer
Publisher Quality Assurance Team
Autodesk, Inc.
Contributor
TheDocGuy
Message 5 of 5 (603 Views)

01-03-2013 09:42 PM in reply to: coreyparks

What I have done is create the logo with a "Watermark" look in another program (Yes this defeats the purpose of using one program). Then add the logo as a "Picture" while setting up the very first snapshot. So every new snap shot after will have the logo. You can also add it in later by again on the first or at any snapshoot point via  setting the "Affected snapshot" option. (Right click within a snapshoot).It would be nice if there was a Opacity adjustment within the annonation ribbon for pictures, then you can watermark anything- wishlist??

Post to the Community

Have questions about Autodesk products? Ask the community.

New Post
Announcements
Do you have 60 seconds to spare? The Autodesk Community Team is revamping our site ranking system and we want your feedback! Please click here to launch the 5 question survey. As always your input is greatly appreciated.