Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video quality

10 REPLIES 10
Message 1 of 11
bowen192
1204 Views, 10 Replies

Video quality

Is it just me or when converting a storyboard to a video, is the quality of the video quite poor?

Also, are there any plans in the future to offer more video formats?

Thanks 

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11
jkh170179
in reply to: bowen192

I have the same problem. Bad quality on video. What may be the problem? Have tried different qualities and formats.
Message 3 of 11
ianmacleanllc

related to this...

it also looks as if the quality of the video is killing any text or call outs that are not sized masive. 

Message 4 of 11
bowen192

Any answers on any of these problems?

Seems to have gone a bit quiet on the helpdesk front recently. 

Message 5 of 11
TimeraAutodesk

Yes, we have made a large effort to offer more variety, and higher quality video output options for future releases of Publisher. In the meantime, an easy way to get some really high quality videos out of Publisher 2012, etc. is to publish to Flash first, and then to use a free video converter (like Freemake: http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/) to convert it to mp4, wmv or whatever video format you're looking for.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Timera Hart

Autodes

Message 6 of 11
bowen192
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

@TimeraAutodesk wrote:

Yes, we have made a large effort to offer more variety, and higher quality video output options for future releases of Publisher. In the meantime, an easy way to get some really high quality videos out of Publisher 2012, etc. is to publish to Flash first, and then to use a free video converter (like Freemake: http://www.freemake.com/free_video_converter/) to convert it to mp4, wmv or whatever video format you're looking for.

I hope this helps, and good luck!

Timera Hart

Autodes

I already do this. Can you point us to some examples of videos created in Publisher?
Message 7 of 11
fsanchou

For good quality I publish my video "uncompressed" or "full frame" and then I use the xvid codec for compression.

The only problem is that Publisher does not create files larger than 2GB, must be several scenarios ...

Message 8 of 11
TimeraAutodesk

See the attached file for a quality video sample created from Publisher.

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Message 9 of 11
bowen192

@TimeraAutodesk wrote:

See the attached file for a quality video sample created from Publisher.

Timera Hart

Autodesk

See, this is where I start to disagree with Autodesk. This is the quality when I opened up the sample sent (open up the image, full screen in a new tag):

This is the quality in fullscreen:

What frustrates me is that this quality is a million miles away from the quality that you see when working in Publisher.  Surely this should be the other way round?

We charge our clients a lot of money for both our product and support package.  If I show them a video, the first thing they will do is enlarge it.  The quality of the video is not good enough for that imo.  In fact, it's not good enough for even an electronic A4 manual.

I would like to know what others think.

Message 10 of 11
TimeraAutodesk

If you take a look at the frame size of the video, that will give you the answer to why it is fuzzy when blown up to full screen. This is what the Publish Area settings are for. The video I previously posted was published to a frame size of 432x260 (for web viewing) - so of course it becomes degraded when blown up past those parameters.

To get a video output suitable for "full screen", it's imperative that the presentation is set up to an appropriate Publish Area size, and published with those settings. 1280x720 is a good place to start.

I've attached a .png of a screen shot showing the Publish Area dialog for your reference. Unfortunately I am unable to upload any larger frame size video on here due to upload size limitations. If you'd like more guidence on using the Publish Area dialog, best practices for publishing to video, or an emailed 1280x720 video sample, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at timera.hart@autodesk.com. I'd be more than happy to work with you on these workflows.

Thank you,

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Message 11 of 11
bowen192

@TimeraAutodesk wrote:

If you take a look at the frame size of the video, that will give you the answer to why it is fuzzy when blown up to full screen. This is what the Publish Area settings are for. The video I previously posted was published to a frame size of 432x260 (for web viewing) - so of course it becomes degraded when blown up past those parameters.

To get a video output suitable for "full screen", it's imperative that the presentation is set up to an appropriate Publish Area size, and published with those settings. 1280x720 is a good place to start.

I've attached a .png of a screen shot showing the Publish Area dialog for your reference. Unfortunately I am unable to upload any larger frame size video on here due to upload size limitations. If you'd like more guidence on using the Publish Area dialog, best practices for publishing to video, or an emailed 1280x720 video sample, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at timera.hart@autodesk.com. I'd be more than happy to work with you on these workflows.

Thank you,

Timera Hart

Autodesk

I currently use 1280x720 and the quality is no better.

I will PM you my email address; I would like to see a good quality video in full screen size.

Again, when you can run an animation with perfect quality in Publisher, I don't understand how this can't be replicated.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report