Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

using Inventor Publisher with Solidworks

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
mikemolt4336
1385 Views, 7 Replies

using Inventor Publisher with Solidworks

Anyone have experience using Inventor Publisher with Solidworks and care to share their experiences?

...and please before anyone suggests we switch from Solidworks to Inventor...I know, I know 🙂

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
fsanchou
in reply to: mikemolt4336

Except for the parts list and especially the geometry updated, is the same as with inventor components.

Message 3 of 8
mikemolt4336
in reply to: fsanchou

so a Solidworks import into IP won't include a BOM and it won't automatically update changed geometry?  I didn't really understand your reply.

-Mike

Message 4 of 8
fsanchou
in reply to: mikemolt4336

Exact, today to use these features, you must first import the component into inventor then in inventor publisher ...

I think maybe Autodesk will change this in the future (see here).

Message 5 of 8

Hi Mike -

Currently, Publisher will support the import of solidworks geometry, but none of the associativity functions will be available for automatic updates, etc. The only CAD data we support updates and Parts List generation/BOMs is data native to Inventor.

Thanks,

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Message 6 of 8

We are also looking into this. Is there any way to bring in the properties of a Solidworks file (part number, material etc) to  populate callouts automatically?

Many thanks.

Message 7 of 8
miQlo
in reply to: CadlineSupport

Why don't you use the "Publisher" from Solidworks which is way better, faster, smoother, stable and with more functionality. It is much more expensive but at least it works as expected. The only advantage Publisher has is that it renders more satisfying.

Autodesk, you should download this, reverse engineer it and be done, or at least look at it for some inspiration.

Message 8 of 8

I'm confident that Autodesk are putting enough investment into Inv. Publisher for it to catch up/overtake SW publisher in due course. Keep up the good work guys its coming along very nicely.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report