Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Updating files

3 REPLIES 3
Message 1 of 4
bowen192
431 Views, 3 Replies

Updating files

I'm having quite severe problems updating files.

When I click the update icon on the Components Canvas Publisher, Publisher does one of three things:

crashes

brings up an error

updates the drawing but resets all the visibiltiys to ON.

I would really appreciate a quick response to this one. 

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
bowen192
in reply to: bowen192

I've sorted it now.

I'll put a solution on at a later date; something for everyone to look forward to. Smiley Wink 

Message 3 of 4
TheDocGuy
in reply to: bowen192

After I did an update, the new part appeared correctly along with the new part number in the left hand component drop down. The issue I have found now is that every snapshot have lost their part number callout & trailing (even though the trailing is switched on) for every other components. I have also lost all detail view callouts too. Now I have to re-edit every snapshot now (150+) to what they were before. Very time consuming/not efficient. An update shouldn't affect other parts correct?

Message 4 of 4
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: TheDocGuy

Hi there,

Thanks for your post.

An update doesn't change any of your annotation items, it just updates the model geometry. If you continue to experience this problem, please email me directly at timera.hart@autodesk.com. If you attach the IPB and CAD data in question, we can look into it to see what the issue is. Nothing but 3D geometry should be changing upon update, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Timera

Autodeak

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report