Inventor Publisher

Mentor
bowen192
Message 1 of 4 (152 Views)

Updating files

152 Views, 3 Replies
05-18-2012 03:17 AM

I'm having quite severe problems updating files.

When I click the update icon on the Components Canvas Publisher, Publisher does one of three things:

crashes

brings up an error

updates the drawing but resets all the visibiltiys to ON.

I would really appreciate a quick response to this one. 

Mentor
bowen192
Message 2 of 4 (148 Views)

Re: Updating files

05-18-2012 06:23 AM in reply to: bowen192

I've sorted it now.

I'll put a solution on at a later date; something for everyone to look forward to. :smileywink: 

Contributor
TheDocGuy
Message 3 of 4 (133 Views)

07-05-2012 09:08 PM in reply to: bowen192

After I did an update, the new part appeared correctly along with the new part number in the left hand component drop down. The issue I have found now is that every snapshot have lost their part number callout & trailing (even though the trailing is switched on) for every other components. I have also lost all detail view callouts too. Now I have to re-edit every snapshot now (150+) to what they were before. Very time consuming/not efficient. An update shouldn't affect other parts correct?

Employee
TimeraAutodesk
Message 4 of 4 (124 Views)

07-06-2012 08:39 AM in reply to: TheDocGuy

Hi there,

Thanks for your post.

An update doesn't change any of your annotation items, it just updates the model geometry. If you continue to experience this problem, please email me directly at timera.hart@autodesk.com. If you attach the IPB and CAD data in question, we can look into it to see what the issue is. Nothing but 3D geometry should be changing upon update, sorry for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Timera

Autodeak

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.