Inventor Publisher

Valued Contributor
dherman469
Message 1 of 2 (115 Views)

Update causes storyboard problems

115 Views, 1 Replies
03-16-2012 12:11 PM

Hello,

I made a storyboard of an assembly file.  The inventor components originally had no material or color scheme assigned to them, so I assigned colors to the components inside Publisher.  Some minor updates were done to the Inventor assembly file, so I opened up the Publisher file and clicked the update button.  When the update was completed, all of my color assignments disappeared.  Also, I had turned off the visiblity of some components in the later slides, but the visibility of those components returned after the update.  Did I skip a step when I did the update?  There must be a way to do an update without losing assigned colors or reverting component visibility.  I have attached two pictures showing the before and after.  Can you please tell me what I'm doing wrong?  Thank you very much. 

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

Valued Contributor
dherman469
Message 2 of 2 (111 Views)

Re: Update causes storyboard problems

03-16-2012 01:06 PM in reply to: dherman469

I am not sure if this matters or not, but when I inserted the assembly file into Publisher, I got this warning message.  I actually forget which option I chose.  Would this have caused the color and visibility problem? 

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

Announcements
Are you familiar with the Autodesk Expert Elites? The Expert Elite program is made up of customers that help other customers by sharing knowledge and exemplifying an engaging style of collaboration. To learn more, please visit our Expert Elite website.
Need installation help?

Start with some of our most frequented solutions or visit the Installation and Licensing Forum to get help installing your software.