Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unknown error starting to corrupt all my files again

12 REPLIES 12
Message 1 of 13
bowen192
572 Views, 12 Replies

Unknown error starting to corrupt all my files again

Hi,

Publisher is starting to corrupt all my files from one project again and I'm in the process of losing weeks worth of work.

Can someone please look at some files for me?

12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13
coreyparks
in reply to: bowen192

I wish I could help but I have the same issue on a fairly regular basis.  Last time I talked to Autodesk support I was told that this issue would not be addressed in Publisher 2013R1 but would, hopefully, be fixed in the upcoming 2015 release coming in late july.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 3 of 13
bowen192
in reply to: coreyparks

Absolutley nothing from Autodesk.

You've got to laugh, it's an absolute shambles. Smiley Very Happy

Message 4 of 13
bowen192

Still nothing...

Message 5 of 13
alex.chien

Hi bowen192,

Thank you for reporting the issue. Could you please provide your files or data to help us investigate this issue?

Also, have you installed the hotfix already?

Thanks,
Alex

Message 6 of 13
bowen192
in reply to: alex.chien

Hi Alex,

I had not installed the hotfix.

Can you send me a link to somewhere I can send the file?

Thanks.

Message 7 of 13
na.miao

hi Bowen192, 

you can install our hotfix  fisrt from here. After install the hotfix, if you still meet Unkwon Error, please tell us your e-mail address, we will send out a request to upload your files.

Thank you 

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA
Message 8 of 13
bowen192
in reply to: na.miao

I have installed the hotfix and I recieve the same error.

I will PM my e-mail address.

Message 9 of 13
na.miao

I have sent out the request e-mail, thank you
Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA
Message 10 of 13
coreyparks

The hotfixwill not fix a file that already has the problem.  You need to go back to the last working version and update it then save and see if the problem shows up again.  The hotfix worked on one of my files, the one autodesk had when they developed the hotfix, but not the others.  I still see this error regularly.  On a better note it was just posted on another thread that this problem has been fixed in the upcoming release.

Please mark this response "Accept as solution" if it answers your question.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Corey Parks
Message 11 of 13
bowen192
in reply to: coreyparks

It still seems to have the same problem.

I think my best chance is for Autodesk to have a look at this in the hope I can recover it and then pray that if Publisher 2015 ever appears, Autodesk will have fixed the error.

Na, have you recieved these files?

Message 12 of 13
training

Hi, I've had the same corrupt file error error everyone else has had. I reckon i waste about 75% of my time when using Publisher trying to fight it to get a result. I have had to start the whole animation from scratch more times than i can remember. 

It seems to me to be due to changing the assemblies you have in Inventor [adding, removing, modifiying parts and assemblies]. 

Then right clicking [Components>Source files>Update all Components] in Publisher and updating your whole assembly. The more parts or assemblies that are changed in Inventor the more it breaks it. I do the following to try and avoid breaking my whole file now. 

I'm animating and bulding for the 3D web and mobile publish option. So i try and do every single tweak and fix in Inventor before i drop it into Publisher. That means its the least changes to make when it goes in. You can't catch them all tho. I work in Pub and Inv at the same time. 

When i do have to make a change i will do them one at a time in Inventor then, increment your Publisher save before you update your files. eg[ file-01, 02, 03, 04] so your working of a copy as a basis. Then i will publish this to Autodesk 360, and if the A360 server does not manage to publish it so i can view it, i know its broken, and that version of my publisher file will not open again. So i will use the version before it and try again. This at least saves me some time. 

• The center of rotation [pivot] of the scene in the 3D web and mobile version, can be changed [this is not listed in the help anywhere], to a particular part [any welds break this tho], if you have clicked a part and used the viewcube to move the view to the part, or the "Center tool" in the view menu on the right, its under the Object mode button. Then the view should rotate about the part.
  • Other things that i have noticed are that any welds on your inventor assembly will never be hidable, they will always re-appear, so I just delete them before they go in now.
  • If you want reliable arrows and your using the 3D web and mobile publishing route, your best to create them in Inventor and put them where you want them then, rather than using the built in ones, they jump all over the place. I put embossed text on some as well.
  • Recover assembly- You can sometimes save your Inventor assembly with a new name, and then replace the entire assembly in publisher with [Right click root object under "Components" in Publisher "Source Files>Replace from local files"] this can replace the whole assembly with its self effectivly and might work. Make sure and increment your filename first tho!! warning
  • I will rebuild an assembly in Inventor to reflect the animation i want to do, so i can more easily select things to move or hide. I dont use the "Save selection" feature. Its easer to setup in Inventor first as it always is. 
  • If your outputting to web and mobile you will notice that it will not do sections [ipads wont do transparency either], so i will duplicate an entire assembly, and drop it ontop of the other after sectioning all the parts i need to in Inventor [I use the split command on each and create a whole new set of parts]. I will also colour cut areas in red. This allows me to produce a cuttaway that works in web and mobile or the ipad. 
  • Some colours and textures from Inventor dont work at all in Publisher. Try another colour, and always change it at the root level of the part. 
  • The Publish area setup when publishing to web and mobile seems to have no effect on the size on sceen, so i make it file the whole window and go over the edges for each snapshot. 
  • Sometimes publishing to web and mobile does not work, if this is the case it probably means your file is also corrupt as well. Incremental saves! people.
  • Sometimes ive spend a couple of days trying to work out why my published files dont work on Autodesk 360, only to find things suddenly start working again, occasionally the servers seem to not convert the files to be viewable. 

Thats the way im working just now. Save a new file version before you import&update and at least you will have a file to go back to when you find its broken, and you have lost another 5 hours of work. Then delete the broken ones and keep saving working versions. With the amount of issues they have with it they should have it automatically incrementing each save.

Keep smiling!

Steve

Steven Dewar | STATS Group | 3D Animator

Win7Ent-64-SP1 | 32GB | Intel Core i7-4770CPU@3.40GHz | Quadro 4000 GPU
Message 13 of 13
na.miao

hi Bowen, 

I haven't got the files, I have send the e-mail again to get the files.

thank you 

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report