Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to load file(exceeds device capacity)

5 REPLIES 5
Message 1 of 6
daveswan
1487 Views, 5 Replies

Unable to load file(exceeds device capacity)

I have created several files in publisher and published the storyboards to mobile devices then successfully opened them on my iPad. However I have jut created a new one, this one published fine and it is visible on the iPad app load model screen but it will not open in the pad. I get "Unable to load file(exceeds device capacity)". The pad has loads of capacity left so what is the issue or file size limit. How do I find out how big a published file is? Ta
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6
santhaks
in reply to: daveswan

We use a number of factors to determine if the model can be displayed in the device for the best user experience including number of triangles. Unfortunately we cannot determine if a model can be viewed on the device before publishing because a model that can be viewed in an iPad may exceed the capacity of an iPhone 3G. We will keep this in mind as we move forward.

Satish

Message 3 of 6
daveswan

Thanks for the prompt feedback, are there any obvious signs I can look for before I spend time creating a storyboard? Is the limit based on the included models or the number of screenshots. I.e can I simply publish a single screenshots and if this is ok then proceed to devote the time to a full presentation? Thanks
Message 4 of 6
huntoon

I have the iPad and have experienced this problem with relatively simple files. My file size is 24 mb for the publisher file. What is the max file/triangle size??

Thanks.

Message 5 of 6
santhaks
in reply to: huntoon

We calculate the maximum size of the model that is viewable on the iPad with a combination of the triangle size, textures in the model etc... Without textures we can publish approximately 400,000 triangles. The triangle limit would be lower for models with a lot of textures. Hope that answers your question.

Thanks

Satish

Message 6 of 6
wdages

Is there any method that can be used to limit the amount of detail or number of triangles exported when publishing to mobile in order to avoid this error? I'm working with very complex models, but I'd gladly trade a little detail for being able to view the model on the iPad.

Also, there is a huge difference in processing power between the iPhone 3G and the iPad 2. I would love it if the iOS app could let the "device capacity" be determined based on what device you're actually using. If the iPhone 3G can handle 400,000 triangles, maybe the iPad2 could handle 800,000? It seems to make more sense to adjust the limit relative to the device than to use the 'least common denominator' way.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report