Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Turn off Shiny Appearance

4 REPLIES 4
SOLVED
Message 1 of 5
dherman469
4034 Views, 4 Replies

Turn off Shiny Appearance

Hello,

I inserted a 3D assembly into a new Publisher document.  The component parts are retaining their "Shininess" setting from Inventor.  I would like to modify or turn off the shininess setting when the model is in my Publisher document.  Even when I change the color of a part, the shininess stays the same.  Is it possible to turn off the shininess of a part? 

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: dherman469

Hi Daniel -

The "Shininess" you are seeing must be the result of the material you have applied to the part in Inventor. If you want a less shiny surface, you can change the material of any part from within Publisher. Simply changing the color will not modify the material applied, just the rgb value applied to that specific material.

To change the material of a part, right-click within the authoring environment and select "Material". This launches the Material marking menu (where you have tried to changed the color already). There is a blue square at the top of the marking menu that will drop down a list of basic materials, as well as an option to launch the Autodesk Material Library. From here you can assign any material you'd like.

Timera

Autodesk

Message 3 of 5
dherman469
in reply to: TimeraAutodesk

Thanks, Timera.  That works.

Daniel Hermanson

Spraying Systems Co.

Message 4 of 5

This is my solution.  In Inventor, I go to TOOLS=> APPLICATION OPTIONS.  Select the COLORS tab.  Under "Reflection Environment" the default setting is "ParkingLot.dds".  I change this by clicking the folder icon and selecting "chrome.dds".  This eliminates the reflection and provides a dull finish to the part.  

Fix Inventor Reflection.JPG

Message 5 of 5

That was helpful David,

Thank you

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums