Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Timing in exported videos

2 REPLIES 2
Message 1 of 3
b.bogacz
488 Views, 2 Replies

Timing in exported videos

Hello.

The problem is, when I set the timing in IP (for transition and snapshot), and press play everything looks perfect. But, when I export it to flash, the f4v video does not match the timing. Simple math: when in my presentation contains 76 snapshots (1second each) and 75 transitions (1second each), duration of the video should be 2:31, but it's 1:20. I noticed, that changing snapshot duration, doesn't change anything in exported video (exactly the same duration, even when I set 10 seconds for one of snapshots) , in contrast to transition time.

Knowing the framerate of f4v video is 15FPS, I checked frame by frame my exported f4v, and each transition has 15 frames = 1 second, which is correct, but frame number of snapshot either has random value, or I didn't catch the scheme .

I am writting own flash aplication to run this presentation propely (using xml, and f4v), but I need have these values synchronised, in other case, I will have not working player, just like Yours Smiley Frustrated

HERE someone has verry similar problem, and it was 5 years ago, ehh...

I also tried to use mp4 export instead of f4v, but the timing is complete disaster, video duration is 10 seconds, snapshots goes almost frame by frame.

Is there any chance you will fix this, or maybe I don't have codecs or sth.? 

2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3
rachel_li
in reply to: b.bogacz

Hello b.bogacz,

Thanks for reporting this issue. Please try to use wmv or avi export formats, the duration time should be as expected.

Thanks,

Rachel

Rachel Li
Software QA Engineer
Autodesk, Inc.
Message 3 of 3
b.bogacz
in reply to: rachel_li

Yes, the avi and wmv durations are similar to those in xml, I will see if I can synchronise it. 

But flash doesnt accept avi and wmv, so I must convert it to mp4/f4v for every presentation. But if it's only solution, I will try.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report