Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The published image or 3D PDF does not match my document...

15 REPLIES 15
Message 1 of 16
TIAB2
3134 Views, 15 Replies

The published image or 3D PDF does not match my document...

First I need help to pubish my document into images. I know how to publish, in this case a JPEG. The thing is that the image does not look like it should. For example: The entire label does not show on my JPEG, just half of it...even if I can see it on my publisher document. Even lines in my pruduct are missing... See the attached image!

My second problem concerns 3D PDF. When I publish into 3D PDF, my product looks selected on the pdf even if its not. If I go back to IPublisher and publish it again without any changes the pdf can look different. Sometimes one or two parts looks like they should and the rest looks like selected, but more often the entire product looks selected...

What am i doing wrong? Or whats wrong?

Best regards

Ia Svensson

15 REPLIES 15
Message 2 of 16
TIAB2
in reply to: TIAB2

Attached a screenshot how my different results looks like after publishing into 3d PDF without any changes in Inventor Publisher...

Message 3 of 16
hilling

Hy,

we tried it with Inventor Publisher 2012 German Win 7 64 Bit, same problem. We tried to change the options in the PDF template, no changes gave an correct result. We changed the materialof  the inventor part, no success.

We like the publisher und we woud be glad to have an 3dPDF for our customers as an result of the publisher export.

Salutations

Hubert

Message 4 of 16
brs7458
in reply to: hilling

Having the same issues with 3D PDF by changing the colors in publisher sometimes fixes the 3D PDF

Message 5 of 16
Jon.Balgley

I can confirm the 3D PDF problems, and we are looking into that.

I'm not sure what's going on with your JPG output.  Can you send us a simple IPB file that shows the problem?  You can email it to me at jon.balgley@autodesk.com.

Jon Balgley
Message 6 of 16
nrlevyj
in reply to: Jon.Balgley

has there been any progress on the 3D PDF problems.  I am going to/had plans to use this product extensively over the next 4 1/2 weeks but will go another route if not fixed.  Please shoot email to jlevy@nr.edu

thanks

JL

Message 7 of 16
MaxU77
in reply to: nrlevyj

Are there any progress in solving the issue?

MaxU77,
AI2011 Certified Associate
(Soft: PDSU2012, VP2012&VP2013)
Message 8 of 16
dsievers

Any resolution to this problem yet?  I too am having color problems with 3D PDF.  I have projects created in Inventor 2011 which saved properly as 3D PDF with Publisher 2011.  However, when I converted them to Inventor 2012, loaded into Publisher 2012, then published as 3D PDF the colors are all pastels.

The attached file is an example - the entire assembly consists of polished Al, black paint, black plastic, white plastic, and steel.  The 'silver' colored part is from changing the color in Publisher to polished chrome.  However, I have some assemblies with thousands of parts that I do not want to 'paint' in Publisher.

Message 9 of 16
bowen192
in reply to: dsievers

I too am having the exact same problem.

Is there any solution to this or have Autodesk abandoned us?

Again. 

Message 10 of 16
TIAB2
in reply to: bowen192

" This is a known problem. It is a deficiency in the 3D PDF format itself,  this is as-designed, and a limitation of the format. However, development is aware of the issue, so they have done some changes in the code for SP2 and the output to 3D PDF is improved there. I do not have yet information when SP2 will be released.

Daniela Koloszko, Autodesk Support Team "

Message 11 of 16
nrlevyj

John, (Autodesk guy)

when are you going to post again on this issue?  It has been nearly 3 months and nothing has been added to

help guide users on this issue.

thanks,

JL

Message 12 of 16

Sp2 is now live and should address this issue. However, if you have a component change color/texture within a snapshot then you will not see the change in 3d PDF (This is a 3D PDF limitation)

Thanks,
-Raj (Autodesk)
Message 13 of 16
pekka.rintamaki

I have quite similar problem, though.

I'm using Inventor 2011 and publisher 2011. In the inventor model, there is picture on the can, made of Decal -tool. It show normally in inventor and publisher, but picture doesn't show in 3dpdf. Why?

Is there similar service pack for Publisher 2011, at least I can't find it.

Message 14 of 16
szczypci

I got also litle problem with export my storyboard to 3D PDF.

I use views form inventor that not all parts are visible in one view, but when I export it to 3D PDF in all views I see all parts, even if they are hide in orginal views in inventor or publisher. Problem appers only in PDF in avi or flash everything is ok.

Please advice

Tags (1)
Message 15 of 16
ColdCalifornian

Dear Autodesk,

I am having very similar problems, but I am publishing to the mobile format. I am running Publisher 2012 without any of the service packs (it is time consuming to get software downloads through our IT). Text is moving, colors are changing, and inserted images end up covering the models. To put it bluntly, the published instructions look nothing like what was produced in publisher.

I am interesting in purchasing publisher 2013, assuming these problems have been resolved. If you have been unable to do so, I will gladly take my business to one of your competitors. We are looking at moving all of our work instructions to this format, but have been disappointed primarily due to this deficiency.

-Jonathan Martin

Message 16 of 16
TimeraAutodesk
in reply to: nrlevyj

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for your post. As with any software package, the only way to experience updates and improvements is by keeping up-to-date with service packs, etc. that are released. We put a lot of effort into these updates to ensure enhanced workflow productivity and feature quality, and it would be worth the hassle of installing them.

Publisher 2013 has many new features and performance enhancements that it sounds like you'd be interested in. You can find all this information on our WikiHelp here: http://wikihelp.autodesk.com/Inventor_Publisher/enu/2013/Help/0152-What_s_N152

Thanks,

Timera Hart

Autodesk

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report