Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Some things we miss badly

14 REPLIES 14
Message 1 of 15
frank.schalla
1575 Views, 14 Replies

Some things we miss badly

I found the time this day to write down only a few hopes for 2014 and misses for 2013

1. Update also non Autocad Inventor files.
    We love the update function but why we have this restriction that it only work with inventor files.
    We normally use DWF files from Inventor (we get this automated from SAP) and this is a big missing that the update wont work there.
    Also a update of PTC files will be a big winner inside my company cause we have both Inventor and ProE
  2. Preview of Autocad views from a Inventor DWG.
    We use the DWG format inside Inventor but we never get a preview by inserting blocks from this drawings
  3. Update of this drawings  i talked about under topic 2
  4. Supporting layers for all non 3D content like texts / pics and so on
    We have to create multilingual documentations so this will be a big time saver
  5. On publishing selectabel conting regarding to topic 4 here
  6. Enable Illustrator and QuarkExpress export
  7. Support the clipboard for pictures / DWG / DXF

So i think this is enough for this first list.
I hope my thoughts will help you

14 REPLIES 14
Message 2 of 15
irene.chen
in reply to: frank.schalla

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your feedback. I have add these wishlist to your internal issue tracking system.

-Irene Chen

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 3 of 15
frank.schalla
in reply to: irene.chen

Hello Irene

thank's for your feedback.

You and the dev team can contact me when ever you like to get more detialled thoughts.

It will be interesting what the dev team says about my ideas.

To far away from real or a understandable customer enhancement 🙂

Message 4 of 15
irene.chen

Thank you! Frank

These suggestion are helpful for us to know what the real user want. I've add these as wishlist and give PD for referencence.

-Irene Chen (Irene.chen@autodesk.com)

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 5 of 15

I miss some better way to align callouts, like a grid or something!
I also would like to separete the Move and Restre Home button. i would also like to be able to insert other type of document in Publisher like word documet or PDF and be able to choose if the snapshot will be visible in the published document.

just my wish list.

Best regards
Timmy

Message 6 of 15

One more.

be adble to choose a from templaes when creating a new .ipb

Message 7 of 15

one more!

be able to search and replace text in the publisher file.

maybe even some spelling correction.

Message 8 of 15
irene.chen

Hi Timmy,

Thanks for your suggestion, I've added it to wishlist in the internal tracking system.

Irene Chen

Inventor Publisher QA

Message 9 of 15

Nice to hear!

I would also like to be able to control the visible trails like i can do in a Inventor presentation.

Message 10 of 15
adenobel
in reply to: Timmy_Stalnacke

I have the same problem with trails here. I would like to make a part of a trail line invisile. See image.

remove trail line.jpg

I think there is no way to do this in Publisher 2013

Message 11 of 15
Timmy_Stalnacke
in reply to: adenobel

one more thing:

text justification (Left, Center and Right) when creating a label.

by the way when will inventor publisher 2014 be released?

Best regards

Message 12 of 15
bowen192

When you select the Move function, it appears at the centre of the selected object.

This is frustrating when zoomed in to something that you simply want to move along an axis.

Have the ability to snap the Move function into view.

Message 13 of 15
LeoWan

Thanks for feedback. I've added this to wishlist in the internal tracking system

Message 14 of 15
aguitton116
in reply to: LeoWan

As we are in ideas here, there should be a way to improve the update functions, specially when parts are moved or exploded and the original parts have modifications. It's all explained here : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Publisher/Update-causes-components-to-move/td-p/3882...

Maybe I missed something on the way to use Publisher but if not, this behavior makes it impossible to really use it.

Message 15 of 15
bowen192
in reply to: aguitton116

@aguitton116 wrote:

As we are in ideas here, there should be a way to improve the update functions, specially when parts are moved or exploded and the original parts have modifications. It's all explained here : http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/Autodesk-Inventor-Publisher/Update-causes-components-to-move/td-p/3882...

Maybe I missed something on the way to use Publisher but if not, this behavior makes it impossible to really use it.

This is a problem with Publisher. It used to update fine, but it has never worked in 2013 for me.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report