Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Snapshots with different LOD in Publisher

3 REPLIES 3
SOLVED
Message 1 of 4
Anonymous
625 Views, 3 Replies

Snapshots with different LOD in Publisher

I am trying to create documentation with different images that take advantage of Inventor LOD.

Unfortunately I can only select (or not) the last saved LOD on an inventor .iam file.

It seems like Publisher is able to recognize a model has LODs, but is not able to see more than the last saved one.

Say for example I have the model.iam with LOD_1. During import Publisher asks me if I want to import using the Master LOD or LOD_1.

Now imagine I create another LOD, LOD_2, save the file and try to add the same moled.iam once more to a snapshot.

This time Publisher will ask if it should import with LOD_2 or Master, but it does not even mention LOD_1.

Is there a way to either switch LOD in Publisher or to select among all possible LOD during import?

3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4
na.miao
in reply to: Anonymous

Hi, 

Thank you for reporting this.

Now we just support import active LOD and master LOD, so when you active LOD2, there is no option to select LOD1.

Thank you 

Na Miao

Na Miao(Autodesk)
Inventor Publisher QA
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
in reply to: na.miao

Hello Na,

Thank you very much for your reply.

As it is absolutely crucial for our project to have such capability we'd like to know if AutoDesk is planning to extend funcionality and incorporate such feature, or if not, what workarounds do you suggest?

In short we have up to 5 LOD and we'd like to incorporate all of them into a publisher document.

Best,

Sheilon

Message 4 of 4
Huan.Yu_Autodesk
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello Sheilon,

Yes, this is in our list of features we plan to support in the future development of Publisher. For now, you have to insert multi-Inventor assemblies with different LODs activated into one Publisher document, which may cause performance issue, or you can create multi-Publisher documents with assemblies with different LODs.

Sorry for the inconvenience but this is in our plan for future improvement.

-Huan

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report