Inventor Publisher
Welcome to Autodesk’s Inventor Publisher Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Inventor Publisher topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Silhouette Control Stuck?

4 REPLIES 4
Message 1 of 5
Andre2099
399 Views, 4 Replies

Silhouette Control Stuck?

I lost control of the Styles function.

Is this a known bug?

It wasnt like this earlier in the day.

Sometimes it lets me change a part's style, sometimes not, sometimes it will let me only change the internal edges but not the silhouette (stuck at 2 width, color black). It most certainly stopped letting me change styles of the top level part. It definately doesnt let me change anything in the canvas, only on the components menu.

I have parts stuck on "Subdued Line Drawing" and others stuck on "Clear", and other with a permanent silhouette. This is very frustrating.

Is there a fix for this? Whats going on? I

4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5
Andre2099
in reply to: Andre2099

Ok I started a new file and inserted a model in and it seems to work just fine. But when I go into my other file (which i've spent 3 hours on) it wont let me mess with styles anymore. So tells me something happened to my .ipb file. Whats up with that? Can one of you guys figre it out for me?

Its absolutely out of the question for me to start all over again on this project, I need to know how to fix what I have.

Message 3 of 5

I assume you are on service pack 2, and this provides access to old versions of the file (the last 10 versions) in the same location where your file is located. Can you check to see if any of the older versions works correctly? Also would it be possible for you to send me the problem ipb to rajkumar.ilanchelian@autodesk.com? If the file is more than 10MB please email me and I will send you a dropbox request.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Message 4 of 5
Andre2099
in reply to: Andre2099

Email sent

Message 5 of 5

Hello Andre,

Thanks for sending in the file. Having the file definitely help J. I believe I know what the problem here is and let me take a shot at explaining what is happening here:

1. The simple rule is that the style applied directly ON the component wins
  2. If there is no style applied on a component it picks up the style from its immediate root component in the tree

With these two rules, you can now run down your snapshots and it will start unfolding why certain styles works and certain styles “appear” not to work.

I have sent a more detail email to you stating out examples from the file that you sent me. Please let me know if this helped clear the problem.

Rajkumar Ilanchelian
Autodesk Fusion

Join Fusion Insider

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report